Dismiss Notice
Attention: All Treasure Hunters.
Our Website Has Changed.

CLICK HERE for the Forrest Fenn Thrill Of the Chase Discussion Group.

Site Support New Stuff At Ignorance Denied - Poll

Discussion in 'Website Support & Announcements' started by Mark, Jul 20, 2016.

?

What changes would you like at ID? (multiple choice)

Poll closed Oct 20, 2016.
  1. A different layout or style

40.0%
  2. Different color choices in style

20.0%
  3. New features (please suggest in reply)

10.0%
  4. Contests, games, or events

30.0%
  5. New subject matter forums added

30.0%
  6. Change forum order on forum home page

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Everything is exactly how I like it :)

50.0%
  8. Added a poll choice in reply to this thread

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Merge groups into forums

20.0%
  10. Name changes for topical forums

10.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Layaly

Layaly Premium Member

Group idea

Getting ex racers together

@Mark@Mark u used to race I think not?

I saw a member andy his prof looks like he does too

I see the topic often here

Members are still receiving email alerts

if you send a poll alert i would think it is spam (I still don't get what spam is but nvm now) i wouldn't pay attention

But I would love to get a special invite

I think you guys send just like an email that u still think about us or something the message was very sweet

I felt so guilty for not making it sooner to come back to you guys

I think I saw a few people scattered around even around forums(that used to race)

But I have no idea if that is something u would like to do

What ever the topics on Internet is
    like the Fenn fans group

..so much hubba on the net and so much hussle and bussle and pages of chatter around the subject

If people want us to read it all

At least,
    I would like to see, that if u didn't find the treasure at least for the love come and show us if u found something interesting

like @Seannm@Seannm as much as I love love the nature pics (I think it was him)

I loved even more that after reading through the threads he showed us little golden nuggets he found when someone asked him the same question. and as someone who is going through pages of your THOUGHTS about it,
    it would be nice to see if you guys found something interesting or semi precious (like @Mark@Mark the Dino Rock ) sir @Kramer@Kramer is excused the ghost pic is epic best thing u saw on net so far freakin scary

Makes sense?

I woul love love love to see the Fenn fans come and share those little treasures with the rest of us they are still priceless find

But there is not a place this comes together Maybe u guys can start something like shared findings

2. Layaly

Layaly Premium Member

Also it is actually the old threads wort bumping up

ID is like encyclopaedia
    You people were discussing stuff 10y ago that i came across this month jeeeez there is nothing new in the world that's not already mentioned here

Just not sure how to go on about it but i would Love to bumb old threads over the recent it's just as user I ll be like well that's 10y old only to find all to my ignorance I was slapt in my face of how little I knew, it's very humbling

Gawd i would even tweek the dates in them just to have them in front but I know that's unfortunately impossible

3. Derek

Derek ■֎؜♫■ Staff Member

The only thing about the real old threads I am finding is the links, if any, seem to be no longer available.. kinda sad cause like you as we go through these oldies to find the broken links I want to see the original content but now cannot. :(

• Like Like x 1
  4. Layaly

Layaly Premium Member

I know what u mean, I meant more like the NASA picture of the day thread was like WOW but I still wasn't sure if u should bump it or not because is 2009 I think, (that only had one tiny glitch in it, so far it's my favourite thread on ID)

then again the reason why I ask is because I can't grasp the concept people have been here for 12 years discussing AI and what not when I was still playing in sand

but if it had 2015/16 it's a different story meaning I would not open it because of the date not because of content

and threads like @bodebliss@bodebliss made and you all replied to them., btw i haven't seen him since June I think they :alien: finally came to pick him up :abduction:

:lol: :neener:

and either way I would still love to know what are you favourites threads

5. Derek

Derek ■֎؜♫■ Staff Member

Bump away please. :yes:

Back in ID's youth I really had fun discussing in anything to do with electronics, paranormal. I even participated in debates which is something I could never do when I was younger, broke outta my shell so to speak. :muscle:

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Layaly

Layaly Premium Member

7. Layaly

Layaly Premium Member

Do we have something like a member libery?
    Meaning if I wanted to store my pictures on ID what are my options?

I am just asking
    Usually I used libery on other forums because you had to upload every single photo or gif into library before you could use it in a post

But it's a nice option to have
    And I mean one that is hidden from other members

8. Mark

Mark ♤♡◇♧ Staff Member

A private image gallery we do not have,... yet.
    Good idea.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Layaly

Layaly Premium Member

Again

I would prefer to see paranormal/UFO

Over education

To me religion and metaphysics are completely two different things don't know

I am unsure about deny the I
    I would prefer to be changed to classified secret over it

Not sure what you want in legal issues exactly

Can we merge education into legal perheps ?

I ask because history could be separated from archeology

U are looking at 2000 post in first forum vs 200 in education

Meteorology I find too could go in earth stuff

@Mark@Mark
    I know it is a lot of work but it is best to do it now or it will stay that way

I am on board with your decision regardless just need to set things into stone so to speak

We need a clear direction from you not the other way around (you from us ) it is really not our place to decide, you know what I mean?

Even if you confirmed all is as you wish is enough

10. Layaly

Layaly Premium Member

Ok

Is deny I general chat?

:help:

Ignore me for now please just having a loon around first I'll come back for answer

11. Derek

Derek ■֎؜♫■ Staff Member

Deny the I is for posts like you have a bank robber come in but he uses his own bank receipt to make the hold up... :lol:

You know... for people that are ignorant...

British Dictionary definitions for ignorance
    ignorance
    /ˈɪɡnərəns/
    noun
    lack of knowledge, information, or education; the state of being ignorant

Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition
    © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins
    Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012

• Like Like x 1
  12. Layaly

Layaly Premium Member

Member wish list group

I am not familiar with the profile postings

How it works or what is it for

13. Mark

Mark ♤♡◇♧ Staff Member

I am working on the forum arena as I speak.

The profile posts on member profiles are basically like a member wall. People can have comments to other individuals, or a member can use it to post about their life or something such.

14. Mark

Mark ♤♡◇♧ Staff Member

And I understand that completely. Notably I am compiling feedback from members, staff, and melding into my thoughts to find what is workable.

The site is built with our members in mind.

15. Mark

Mark ♤♡◇♧ Staff Member

Yes he has been missed here alot.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Mark

Mark ♤♡◇♧ Staff Member

Have Made a few changes:

Moved some forums around on the forum home page. Some other changes in there.

Also removed forum website and support, and is now located in the navigation tabs and otherwise hidden from the boars area, and the tab is hidden guests, even though the forum can still be viewed by guests of course.

Keep the ideas coming peeps! Lots more to come.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Mark

Mark ♤♡◇♧ Staff Member

The last couple of weeks has been spent mostly in combining a couple of topically redundant forums. For the most part considerable efforts have been afforded cleaning up alot of old disfunctional posts. Thank you to all that have helped in this.

Avatars now display properly and in full dimensions in forum posts and member cards. A couple of minor tweaks are upcoming to make it perfect in my eyes.

The closeer we complete these two areas is when the focus will become more of adding forum ideas and especially with focus of the groups design and implementation. There will be a lot of changes with the groups format. More as that time comes near.

Still looking for ideas.

:eyes:

18. Mark

Mark ♤♡◇♧ Staff Member

Sticky Navigation:

As some of you may have noticed, we have a feature that allows the Navigation at the top of the screen to remain "sticky" when you scroll up or down. This feature is useful if you wish to have the navigation bar present on your screen while you are deeply embedded within a thread or other content. This sticky navigation will allow you to see any alerts or conversation balloons that are indicating something new to you, as well as having the common navigation links always handy.

This sticky navigation will also keep the footer links handy too and present for you while you scroll around the website.

A couple of important points:

1. If you are browsing around on your phone, the system will detect your device and will not display any sticky footer navigation bar. It will only be visible when you are on a tablet or a larger viewport system. This helps to conserve viewing real estate for your convenience.

2. And this is now the latest feature: The top navigation "stickiness" is now able to be turned on or off at your preference. This preference will apply to both mobile viewports as well as larger viewports.

To disable all top sticky navigation, please go to your "Preferences" and check the box to disable any stickiness. Or uncheck to enable any top stickiness.

The choice is yours.

19. Mark

Mark ♤♡◇♧ Staff Member

Feel free to update your votes !!

20. Layaly

Layaly Premium Member

Can members make a voting poll for their threads ?

Also how can I get the original link of YouTube videos from posts

When the video finishes there should be like a little icon to copy(?) the link but I can't figure it out

-----

More sug

Merge id paranormal with Sir Kramer's group

Merge group discussion with group forum

Display the threads in groups in larger font

Make all groups
    No need to join a group to become a member

After 3months being here it took me forever to figure out why I couldn't reply to your car group