Site Support New Stuff At Ignorance Denied - Poll

Discussion in 'Website Support & Announcements' started by Mark, Jul 20, 2016.

?

What changes would you like at ID? (multiple choice)

Poll closed Oct 20, 2016.
  1. A different layout or style

40.0%
  2. Different color choices in style

20.0%
  3. New features (please suggest in reply)

10.0%
  4. Contests, games, or events

30.0%
  5. New subject matter forums added

30.0%
  6. Change forum order on forum home page

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Everything is exactly how I like it :)

50.0%
  8. Added a poll choice in reply to this thread

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Merge groups into forums

20.0%
  10. Name changes for topical forums

10.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Kramer

Kramer Premium Member

• Winner! Winner! x 1
  2. Mark

Mark ♤♡◇♧ Staff Member

Is that Kramer site yours?

A classified section could be considered. But it would require a trader rating system as well as a dedicated moderator.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kramer

Kramer Premium Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner! Winner! x 1
  4. Mark

Mark ♤♡◇♧ Staff Member

A lot of hard core backend coding completed today. Things are shaping up.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Mark

Mark ♤♡◇♧ Staff Member

• Removed the About Us tab in the navbar.
    • Relocated About Us into a thread in the FAQ forum in Support.
    • Added About link to footer links to keep on all website pages for easy reference.

• Renamed the Members tab to show Stream.
    • Changed the code to link the Stream tab to the Recent Activity page. Member Lists as well as other member account public pages are still available, but now from in sub-navigation on the Recent Activity page.
    • Changed code to have the Recent Activity page auto update without refresh upon any triggered activity. Important!!: This change respects all privacy settings you can select in your account options. IE: you will only see what you have permission to see, and anyone else will only see what they have permission to see. In other words, you may see your private conversations show up on the Recent Activity stream, while logged into your account. But since nobody but the other person in any conversation can see a conversation, the system will not ever show a private conversation to any person that is not a Participant in that private conversation. Same goes for threads and posts. If you are not allowed to see it, then you certainly will not see it. And most definitely not-logged-in guests are included. (side note: I use a two screen setup in my office, and I can keep one browser window on a separate monitor the Stream page, and that way I can always see what is the happening thing at ID at that moment. I like it.) Anyway this all had to be said to make clear what you will see and address any questions that could come up.

• Still working on converting group discussions into group forums. Down to just the Thrill Of The Chase discussion group. They are all being temporarily relocated in the Alt-Topic forums. After completed Groups functionality will be put on hiatus. It may come back under a different setup and rendition. But a lot of work to do before this is to be reconsidered.
    • I will be reorganizing the chit chat and alt-topics. To happen when the groups are fully decommissioned.

And so the weekend begins,.... again lol,...

• Informative Informative x 1