Dismiss Notice
Attention: All Treasure Hunters.
Our Website Has Changed.

CLICK HERE for the Forrest Fenn Thrill Of the Chase Discussion Group.

Site Support New Stuff At Ignorance Denied - Poll

Discussion in 'Website Support & Announcements' started by Mark, Jul 20, 2016.

?

What changes would you like at ID? (multiple choice)

Poll closed Oct 20, 2016.
  1. A different layout or style

40.0%
  2. Different color choices in style

20.0%
  3. New features (please suggest in reply)

10.0%
  4. Contests, games, or events

30.0%
  5. New subject matter forums added

30.0%
  6. Change forum order on forum home page

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Everything is exactly how I like it :)

50.0%
  8. Added a poll choice in reply to this thread

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Merge groups into forums

20.0%
  10. Name changes for topical forums

10.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Mark

Mark ♤♡◇♧ Staff Member

A global alert has been sent to all members to draw attention to this thread.

Most changes regarding the migration to our new software platform have been completed. We are still post checking for things such as broken links or images and making corrections as we find them.

I have opened this poll in order to generate feedback from our members on how we are doing, as well as asking for input on suggestions. Multiple choices accepted.

Feel free to speak your mind on any subject regarding ID.

I can add poll choice selections if suggested.

This poll will automatically close three months from the post date.

Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mark

Mark ♤♡◇♧ Staff Member

Just so you know, this is a dynamic poll. In other words you can change any of your choices anytime while the poll is open.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mark

Mark ♤♡◇♧ Staff Member

Added a couple more choices

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mark

Mark ♤♡◇♧ Staff Member

I will be bumping this thread often, more often this next month, and more often near the poll closing.

It is hoped to garner enough feedback to find ways to make good changes here at ID.

Thanks to those that have expressed their opinions, and to anyone else,...

Get out and vote !!

5. Derek

Derek ■֎؜♫■ Staff Member

*New Feature* Allow premium users to adjust what is viewed on their page/s or arrange how they want it to look. Like you can with the window tiles in the win10 start menu.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mark

Mark ♤♡◇♧ Staff Member

@Derek@Derek I like that idea. I will see what I can do.

Changes as of this date:

Removed:
    Advertisements (I always end up hating these with a passion after awhile)
    Adblocker Detecting (see above, no longer needed, the notice was irritating too)
    Find It search feature (redundant search ability better served through regular search box)

Changed:
    New Sticky Navigation Header (more fluid motion and triggering)

Added:
    Font Awesome icons (for member links in top right of navigation)
    Micro Avatar in navigation top right (for your viewing pleasure)
    Mobile Viewport changes (tighter navigation elements, username not displayed next to micro avatar, integrated search into secondary navigation, real estate optimization, search icon instead of search box)

These changes reflect primarily elements of the header and navigation features. Page footer will be optimized next. Followed by the home page and about us pages being completely redone to reflect our direction and focus. (any suggestions and feedback appreciated.)

7. Mark

Mark ♤♡◇♧ Staff Member

Changes:
    A neater footer on every page with important website information.

Added:
    A sticky sub-footer with a few useful links available.

8. Twilight

Twilight Premium Member

How come if you click change vote it doesnt keep your first choices. I have to select everything all over again? Plus my changes?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mark

Mark ♤♡◇♧ Staff Member

It seems that is how it works on multiple choice polls that allow changes in choices. My apologies for any inconveniences.

10. Mark

Mark ♤♡◇♧ Staff Member

I am working on some color swatches this weekend. Plus Derek is working on theme enhancements out sometime later.

But I have to inquire, anybody have any idea's or desires for some feature enhancements? Perks? Functionality changes?

We are all ears here,...

idioms-10-all-ears-and-eyes.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  11. Mark

Mark ♤♡◇♧ Staff Member

Poll is still open. VOTE !!

This weekend I will be finalizing the Home and About Us pages. Images and content will be brought up to date.

Additionally, it is hoped to begin rolling out member-selectable color styles for anyone that may wish to customize their user experience. These may be updated as need and time permits.

What I wish to ask of now,...

I am hoping to gain feedback of our forum content and how the social groups fit into the picture.

1. Tell me about the forum topical subjects.
    - What you like,
    - what you wouldn't miss,
    - what you would re-categorize or rename,
    - and what you would desire to see added.

I sincerely hope to receive completely candid suggestions.
    I am open to all thoughts in this regard, whether or not any or all are implemented.

But discussion in this is imperative from the members as I want this to be YOUR website.
    And as such, your ideas and thoughts are very important for me to hear.

Thank you.
    -Mark-

12. Seannm

Seannm Premium Member

Mark,

Is it possible to add a feature so see who has viewed or how many times a particular thread / topic has been viewed?

Seannm

• Like Like x 2
  13. Mark

Mark ♤♡◇♧ Staff Member

Forums Removed: (with associated threads moved elsewhere to be reviewed later)

Club Nucleosis: This premium-member-only lounge forum was very rarely used over several years.

Fission & Fusion: This premium-member-only steering committee forum was redundant to the Q&A public forum and is better suited for community-wide exposure.

14. Mark

Mark ♤♡◇♧ Staff Member

The number of views for threads is a feature that has been supressed to reduce clutter in thread lists but is a built-in function of the website.

The members who have actually viewed any particular thread us not currently implemented but can be.

@Seannm@Seannm can you help with the argument that would be a biasing factor in considering those be implemented?

15. Seannm

Seannm Premium Member

Mark,

I like to see the numbers of those who lurk but don't participate, to me it is an interesting gauge of the popularity of a threads topic.

Seannm

• Like Like x 1
  16. Mark

Mark ♤♡◇♧ Staff Member

Bad spelling, eh? ;-)

As far as thread views, unfortunatly it does not discern between humans, spiders, or repetitive views by same members. And it doesnt have a time base other than thread inception.

Quite honestly, other than being an interesting metric, it doesnt represent popularity as defined.

But I can certainly give it consideration. After all it has only been since this year that that data has been removed as a result of our new software platform integration.

Maybe this weekend I will see if it can be implemented again in a smooth non-cluttering format.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Mark

Mark ♤♡◇♧ Staff Member

Changed:

Moved Introductions forum (renamed to Introduce Yourself), The Lounge (renamed to Members Lounge), and Questions & Announcements (renamed to Website Support & Announcements); all now located at the top of the forum home listing.

Also, Website Support & Announcements now point to a subforum dedicated for this purpose.

Added:

Opened a new forum titled FAQ's which is located at the top of the Website Support & Announcements subforum. This forum will not allow for member posting, but instead be a simple repository of, well you guessed it, website FAQ's. This will prevent website standards and instructional posts from being buried in the general support forums.

18. Mark

Mark ♤♡◇♧ Staff Member

Added:

Logged in members now have at least a limited choice of color swatches available to them.

Look at the bottom left of any page for the "Default" link. A popup will offer choices.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner! Winner! x 1
  19. Layaly

Layaly Premium Member

Congratulations staff for achieving your set milestones

Forum you look ID'licious

image.jpeg

these people won't stop at perfect :guitar::mepublic:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Mark

Mark ♤♡◇♧ Staff Member

Perfect doesnt exist, except in continual review of what could be made better.

• Like Like x 2