New Layout

Discussion in 'Website Support & Announcements' started by Zsandmann, Oct 18, 2004.

1. Zsandmann

Zsandmann Premium Member

New layout Ive been working on today to aide in the Show us your ID project. Still a few bugs but I think its sweet. Comments?

2. pineappleupsidedown

pineappleupsidedown Premium Member

As i sortof meantioned before, i miss the little "new post" alert icon on the index page. Also, i miss the navagation bar at the bottom of the thread. There is one at the top, but I dont want to go back at the top, i want to go back after ive read the whole thread.(the thing that says Ignorance Denied » Questions - Comments - Suggestions » New Layout)

---pineapple

3. ilovepizza

ilovepizza Premium Member

The subject, author, posts, being out of order is annoying but I am sure it is just one of those bugs you talked about. Other than that I can not see any thing else that I do not like.

4. amantine

amantine Premium Member

The design looks very strange in Mozilla Firefox 1.0pr, just take a look at this picture. It would be nice if IgnoranceDenied also worked on non-IE browsers.

5. Zsandmann

Zsandmann Premium Member

I think I may have corrected it amantine, let me know if I didnt and Ill get with funk master smirks to fix it

Z Out

6. amantine

amantine Premium Member

The layout now looks like this.

7. Zsandmann

Zsandmann Premium Member

Hmm I fixed the Hot threads problem as I was uses an archaic tag for page breaks, but I still have quite figured out why your forums are dropping below the Hot threads, perhaps a nested forum problem? Ill look into it

8. tablet

tablet Premium Member

Some browser view table differently. Like Netscape for example. I will install Netscape and see how it view. But you shouldn't worry yourself.

The majority are using IE.

9. amantine

amantine Premium Member

It looks right now. If you want, I can post a picture of the page as it looks now. You could also download Firefox yourself (it's only 4.7 mb and works without installing any other software).

10. ilovepizza

ilovepizza Premium Member

I like the new layout except for one things. The white outlines for the forums are way too bright. I would change it to black.

11. oddtodd

oddtodd Premium Member

The u2u alerts need to be returned to a bigger font . I can adapt to whatever layout we finaly have , but I like to know when my buddies have dropped a line . This is not a critisism , tons of effort and well done !!!

I know ID is here to stay !!!!

12. DontTreadOnMe

DontTreadOnMe Member

:pbjtime::pbjtime:
    I hadn't been to the forum for a few days.
    I really like the new format. The pictures really spruce the place up. Looks very cool.

13. Zsandmann

Zsandmann Premium Member

Thanks DTOM for the input. The Hot Threads table was a test to see if I code code columns, it seems to be holding pretty well. I think I have al the browser issues resolved. In coming weeks two things are gonna hopefully happen.

A.) Google Search bar and Google Ads like ATS will appear to raise some revenue for prizes.

B.) Meta Tags are going in to increase web crawlers to put us on the search radar.

Any input is good input right now.

14. oddtodd

oddtodd Premium Member

u2u is back to biiger and bold ... Thanks !!! The only other thing that I thought would help new members is making the " Search-FAQ-Recent posts-Rules-Members " heading a bit larger and less tightly grouped .

It kind of seems like small print , and is one of the main navigation areas . Or some boxes / tabs around them to isolate the sections ....

Again , not a critisism ... I'll find my way around regardless:how:

[Edited on 20-10-2004 by oddtodd]

15. Zsandmann

Zsandmann Premium Member

In time grasshopper all things are possible. Those are place holders. :)

16. switchblade

switchblade Member

WOW

This is the best look so far

I love it.....Dark is cool

17. DreamLandMafia

DreamLandMafia Premium Member

Yesss...dark is cool!! You love the dark...the dark loves you...you will give all your money to the dark...

*rubs hands together and slinks into the DARK!!!*

BTW...people, if your in FireFox and the index boarders look like partially white and partially yellow, i should have a fix for that tomorrow afternoon. I had 2 papers too write this evening and didnt have time to fix it. Looks awesome in IE tho. :(

[Edited on 26-10-2004 by DreamLandMafia]

18. junior_smith

junior_smith Premium Member

i know i'm going to get [poo] for saying this, but, i really dont like the four, lets add a few more

The four? Huh? Im confused.

[Edited on 26-10-04 by Zsandmann]

19. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

Like the four? The 4 captains?
    :cryb::cryb::cryb::cryb::cryb:

20. DreamLandMafia

DreamLandMafia Premium Member

He must be meaning the 4 themes.

Am I right Junior?