New Contest: Name the Kudo - Ending December 12th

Discussion in 'Website Support & Announcements' started by Zsandmann, Dec 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zsandmann

Zsandmann Premium Member

Hi everyone, we are BETA testing a new award system, kinda still being unfolded right now. As a BETA test the awards are called Iggies and you can get them by posting quality threads, making insightful replies, winning contests, and just generally denying ignorance. So post here with questions and suggestions for the names of the award. Just as a heads up we are leaning against calling them points to try and make them less monetary and more a badge of honor. If you get one you will see it in your side profile under your user name and a post will appear in the place where you got it or you will get a u2u. Goodday.

Z

[Edited on 7-12-2004 by smirkley to alter the title]

[Edited on 7-12-2004 by smirkley]

2. Mark

Mark ♤♡◇♧ Staff Member

These awards, will be given to any member by the administrators of IgnoranceDenied, as method of recording Kudo's for great posts.

They will symbolize staff recognition amounts that a member may have accrued.

But the actual moniker, Iggies,.. well I dont know what they are,...

so the member that suggests the new name used, will receive a free honorary "whateveritisthen' for the record.

First, on Sunday December 12th, this thread will be closed and locked,... the names posted in this thread prior will be transferred to a new voting post.

On Sunday December 19th,... no more votes will be counted.

The member who initially suggested the name voted in favor of using, will receive an honorary award just for that reason.

So,..what are some good one's?

[Edited on 12-12-2004 by smirkley]

3. tablet

tablet Premium Member

This is tough one, my input would be:

Engender (taken from "Ignorance Denied" (anagram))

4. Mark

Mark ♤♡◇♧ Staff Member

I dont know if I can ethically suggest one,

but my first pick was "First Mate Bars",

and as one of 4 captains of this site, it would be nice to have some well decorated First Mates, recognized in the forums.

But that was just my first thoughts.

edit-no i cant ethically pick one, but you get the jest of it (and anyone can select mine if anyone wants),..

[Edited on 6-12-2004 by smirkley]

5. Seth Bullock

Seth Bullock Premium Member

OK people where are the ideas? I think we should name them after a valuable member of the board, one who's posts are always excellent, and a very deserving fellow in my opinion, Seth Bullock.

So, unless you want a "Bullocks Award" or a "Sethy", Lets get these ideas flowing!!

Time is running out!

6. tablet

tablet Premium Member

Ok Now I know what this is all about. I though you're looking for a name for the new POINT system!! :lol:

I prefer "Seth Bullock". OR "Time is running out!" award. how about Blue Flag? : I'm blank.. no idea.

seriously... "You're on fire!" should be the name for the award. :yes:

So when the rumour go around saying someone is on fire we know what's going on.

[​IMG]

[Edited on 12-7-2004 by tablet]

7. Al Vereco

Al Vereco Member

:puz::??::puz:

So what's the difference between an Iggy and a Kudo...? And a point?

8. Zsandmann

Zsandmann Premium Member

Iggies and Kudos are test names we are throwing around.

9. ilovepizza

ilovepizza Premium Member

There could be a bunch of different medals. A medal for each thing you do. For example the 10,000 views medal. Anyone who made a thread that has 10,000 or more views would get the medal. There would be a total of 15 medals. Each medal would be a letter of ignorancedenied. So if you got the 10,000 views medal a medal with the letter I on it would be under your avatar or somewhere on your background. Each medal would correspond to one letter in ignorance denied. Here are what I think the medals should be.

I = 10,000 or more views on one of your threads
    G = 25 applauses by staff
    N = 100 applauses by staff
    O = 500 or more applauses by staff
    R = 10,000 posts or more
    A = forum staff (members who are forum staff would get this)
    N = 100 threads made
    C = 20 threads in each forum (excluding game master forum and research forum)
    E = helping hand (a member who helps new members, answeres questions people have about ID, and anything else someone might do to help. The 4 admin will decide when someone has helped enough to get this medal.)

D = quality posts (If this would not be hard to do, a voting for quality posts could be added to the board. Each week members would have 5 votes. There would be a quality post button on every post and you click that if you think it is a quality post. If you get 10 quality post votes in one week you get the medal. You have to then get atleast 5 quality post votes every week to keep the medal. This makes sure people are keeping up with their quality posts. This will be the only medal that has to be earned weekly to keep it.)
    E = research medal (You have to participate in 10 or more research projects and be the leader for 1 or more research project.)
    N = Old member (anyone who has been a member for a year or more.)
    I = 50 threads in each forum (excluding the research and game master forum.)
    E = welcoming (1,000 or more posts in the introduction forum. You cannot make 500 posts in the thread about yourself.)
    D = game master (this is the hardest medal to earn. You have to be the game master 5 times in a row.)

ID medal = you get this once you have all the medals

Now I will give suggestions for the names of each of the medals.

Popular medal = 10,000 views
    acknowledgment medal = 25 applauses
    respect medal = 50 applauses
    The 500 club medal = 500 applauses
    postaholic medal = 10,000 posts
    Staff medal = being forum staff
    (cannot think of one at the moment) = 100 threads
    threadmaster medal = 20 threads in each forum
    helping hand medal = for helping a lot
    Grade A poster meal = quality poster
    researcher medal = 10 research projects and 1 leading
    Experienced medal = being a member for a year
    threadaholic medal = 50 threads in each forum
    welcoming comitte medal = 1,000 post in the introduction forum
    Hall of fame medal = beinng game master 5 times in a row
    ID medal = getting all the medals

I know some of the goals are going to be changed. 500 applauses by forum staff is a lot. Those are just numbers I came up with and I assumed some of them would be changed.

I have not thought of what the medals should look like yet, but I will.

[Edited on 8-12-2004 by ilovepizza]

[Edited on 12-12-2004 by ilovepizza]

10. helenheaven

helenheaven Premium Member

I think you have some great ideas there ILP

11. Mark

Mark ♤♡◇♧ Staff Member

I do like some of those idea's,..

unfortunatly only 4 day's left to make any suggestion's for the first one.

Looking up I see a couple, but we need more to pick from.

:clwndnc:

12. Freelance

Freelance New Member

How about PAW (points awards). Grats (short for congratulation) or finaly KIU's (keep it up).

13. Gopher

Gopher Member

General Cap Awards: Acknowledgement of positive actions and contributions on the community board. Anyone can recieve a cap at anytime by the staff. You can accumulate many of these caps.

Four Special Caps: Monthly, Bi-monthly, or Quarterly award based on contributions to a given section. Cap of Light, Cap of Knowledge, Cap of Truth, Messenger's Cap.

Specific monthly caps for contributions to a given section are also possible. For example, say Zoology Cap, Geology Cap, Gamemaster Cap, etc.

Captain's Award - cap for short

:bouncy:

[Edited on 12-10-2004 by Gopher]

14. Mark

Mark ♤♡◇♧ Staff Member

FREE and Only Thru Tomorrow.

Common people I am looking for some good name idea's.

(This thread will be closed tomorrow evening (EST) and the name's suggested tallied, and then listed on a vote thread.)

15. helenheaven

helenheaven Premium Member

16. Mark

Mark ♤♡◇♧ Staff Member

In less than 40 minutes, I close this thread !

:spam:

17. Mark

Mark ♤♡◇♧ Staff Member

Aaaaaand ,...

Thread Closed.

I will now tally the totals and put up a vote thread that will remain open one week.

It will be closed on Sunday December 19th.

Everyone can cast one vote, to decide the name of the award that will be used by the four administrator's of IgnoranceDenied.com to be awarded at their own discretion, to member's that post high quality and interesting posts here.

Thanks all

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.