Chit Chat Naming Your Kid After A Brand? - This Was A Made Up Story!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by tablet, Jan 14, 2005.

1. tablet

tablet Premium Member

I find it odd that parents name their kid like "Apple Juice" or "Yahoo" in the case below.

Although, strange it is. But why would parents do that to their kid? What happen when they grow older? Believe me. Tai Mai Shu is a real Foreign Names. So is Di A. Rea http://www.namehumor.com/

How would we call each other if we don't have name? IF memory serve me correctly, I think the Native in the past didn't have name, or maybe I'm mistakenly for something else.

Let's us talk about name. All is welcome.

m

2. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

Well, Yahoo is not too bad.....
    One of my favorite movies called "Young Einstein" has an actor named Yahoo Serious. He was around before Yahoo!

13.jpg

3. bodebliss

bodebliss The Zoc-La of Kromm-B Premium Member

They have this problem in central america and it has been outlawed in costa rica and other countries because people naming children : chevrolet, coca-cola, pepsi, and motorola.

4. My middle named is Eugene....i would rather it be Yahoo:p

5. bodebliss

bodebliss The Zoc-La of Kromm-B Premium Member

Yahoo

Comes from the book , Gulliver's Travels.

In which supremely intelligent horses had to put up with Yahoo humans.

6. Bleys

Bleys Phoenix Takes Flight Staff Member

Some brand names aren't so bad.....I actually played around with the idea of naming a daughter Mercedes or Shelby.

I also have a niece named Harley - quite the little skier and we all know it is a requirement to have a unique name if you ski.

B. aka Oolong T.

7. badkitty

badkitty Member

In highschool I knew people with the following names:

Winston
    Channel
    Mercedes

And I had a dog I named Harley. I wonder if I could have been sued? = )

8. marg6043

marg6043 Premium Member

What happened to people that name their children brand names, well they get laugh at in school by other children and most of the time they end changing the name as adults.

9. badkitty

badkitty Member

Marg- that may be true depending on the culture. The people I mentioned happen to be of African American descent and these names were completely acceptable.

10. tablet

tablet Premium Member

Well, I guess it doesn't matter what your name is. It's others perception of it. I believe name affect how you look/see yourself. As one character in The Gladiator say: Destroy your name before it destroy you. Maximus.

What comes first: The name, or the meaning?

11. oddtodd

oddtodd Premium Member

Hmm..... Let me sit and think about that one :lol:

12. marg6043

marg6043 Premium Member

I live in the south and I can tell you it took a while for me to get used to the name usage here.:shk:

13. helenheaven

helenheaven Premium Member

Reporter fired over fake Yahoo baby
    25 January 2005

BUCHAREST: A Romanian tabloid has fired a reporter for making up a story about a couple who named their son Yahoo as a sign of gratitude for meeting over the internet.

Earlier this month, major Bucharest daily Libertatea published a story saying two Romanians had named their baby Yahoo and printed a picture of his birth certificate. The news was widely picked up on the internet.

"It was the reporter's child's birth certificate, which he modified," said Simona Ionescu, Libertatea's deputy editor-in-chief on Monday. "We fired him."

She said Ion Garnod, who had worked for the paper for several years, had admitted inventing the story to look good.

"If it were real, it would have been a good story indeed," Ionescu said.

Garnod was not available for comment.

what a strange twist!

14. tablet

tablet Premium Member

It's amazing what people would do for attention. Now I'm starting to wonder about the fish with the human face and the Machine that see through walls... and that "John Titor" case. What's really going on??? :0:

15. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

THE FISH WITH THE HUMAN FACE IS REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah...uuhhhhh....aaaahhh, a friend of my uncles brothers sisters cousin twice removed had heard that is was real from a friend of a friends uncle..... BWAHAHA

16. Gopher

Gopher Member

Another example of a "brand" name being used to name a kid is ESPN. Sometimes the parents make a slight variation to the name by adding another vowel. Silly people...:frog: