Puzzles & Games Mystery : Road Block : SOLVED

Discussion in 'Puzzles & Games' started by Mizar, Dec 26, 2004.

1. Mizar

Mizar Premium Member

OK, I found this little book of mysterys that I had bought ages ago but never used. I think I just found out why I got it. Some of these are perty hard so it may take some time but lets see you you can figure out WHODUNIT! :roll:

"Looks like somebody knew they were comming and cut this tree down to block the way so they could overcome the gaurds and get the money from the bank truck," he said.
    THey were about five miles from town. The armored bank truck with one gaurd and a driver had left the downtown branch of Bingo National Bank and Trust at six o'clock that morning. The driver and gaurd stood near Officer Longarm's police car, waiting to answer questions.
    "The bank got a call from the driver this morning at six-thirty," Officer Longarm continued. "The driver told them about the tree down over the road. He said it didn't look like anyone was around, so they would get out and see if they could mover it. The bank said they heard nothing further, so they called the police. I was just passing the bank when the message came over the raido, so I headed out this way I got here in five minuets and found this."

Dr. Quicksolve walked around the armored truck. The doors were wide open, and it was empty. The tree that lay across the road was long enough to prevent a large vehicle from getting past. It was small enough, though, that two men might have been able to drag it out of the way.

"It's funny that the robbers would know which way the bank truck was comming," Seargent Shurshot said. "They change their route every day."

"I think they knew as soon as the driver was told," Dr. Quicksolve said, "But they still took their time."

What did Dr. Quicksolve mean?

[Edited on 12/27/2004 by Mizar]

2. pineappleupsidedown

pineappleupsidedown Premium Member

Was it because any good robber would have tied up the two men, then moved the tree and drove off?

---pineapple

3. Mizar

Mizar Premium Member

Nope.
    Hint look for a key word in the statment of Quicksolve.

[Edited on 12/27/2004 by Mizar]

4. pineappleupsidedown

pineappleupsidedown Premium Member

Oh, well he meant that the driver staged the robbing

I was trying to guess how he knew that.

---pineapple

5. Mevans

Mevans New Member

I don't know if this is right, but I will give it a shot.

They left the bank at 6 am. They called in at 6:30 to report the tree across the road. That is 30 minutes. Now, when "officer longarm" got the call...he said he was at the bank. He then continued to say it took him 5 minutes to get there. That leaves those goonies in the truck with 25 unnacountable minutes....which I am going to presume they used to cut down the tree to stage a robbery, and get rid of the money somehow. They also said that two men could have moved the tree. With that 25 extra minutes the driver and guard had to be involved, since they didn't even move the tree. The 25 minutes 30 minutes is just too much time to get somewhere that could take 5. Well, no-one mentioned traffic. So I am assuming there was none.

Oh, and the tree was five miles away. I don't think they drove 10 miles an hour for the entire trip.

Now, as for your keyword from quicky...I think you were referring to time, but I am not sure.

6. Mizar

Mizar Premium Member

Yep thats it.
    Mevans got it.

pine- the way you knew the drivers did it was from the route being unknown and it had to be done by "someone who knew instantly where the truck was going."

Ive got a bunch of these little riddles I'l post them later.

7. Mevans

Mevans New Member

POST MORE NOW!!!!!!

Ok, I am developing a problem here.....

8. Mizar

Mizar Premium Member

Sorry I'm doing one a day.

On friday I'm going to post a LONG one... :D