Puzzles & Games Myst

Discussion in 'Puzzles & Games' started by Waxy cheesecake, Dec 22, 2004.

1. Waxy cheesecake

Waxy cheesecake Premium Member

Anyone here ever played Myst?

2. bodebliss

bodebliss The Zoc-La of Kromm-B Premium Member

Why do you ask?

3. Waxy cheesecake

Because I am having trouble in the machine world.

4. bodebliss

could you be more mysterious?

5. Waxy cheesecake

Yes I could. A person who has played Myst before would know what I am talking about. I guess no one has though. Myst is a very difficult puzzle game that is about you finding a book, touching a picture, and getting sucked into the books world. You have to find your way out.

6. bodebliss

Ha , Ha, I think your the Myst-ery . I played the original Myst, Riven, I have finished Myst Uru-complete chronicals . What I see is a failure to communicate exactly which ver. your talking about .

If your talking Uru is it the complete chronicles, Uru, Myst Uru-path of the shell, Myst Uru-to d'ni ver.??????

7. Waxy cheesecake

Original Myst. I'm stuck in the world with the rotating(at lest I think it rotates) fortress. I can't figure out how to rotate the fortress.

8. bodebliss

You mean the game before Riven , Right?

9. Waxy cheesecake

Yes, the game before Riven.

10. bodebliss

Ok !

Now I'm going to have to do some digging around here to find my old copy(idon't think it will play on XP), but ask your question maybe I remember the game.

11. ahh myst, the best game in the whole world. now i can't remember the machine world, could you elaborate a bit, and i may remember, i have also beaten riven (the sequel to myst), i remember something about colored rainbow thingies, but i believe that was riven,

hmmmm.... machine world......
    dang my mind is blank, it is possible to rotate the tower , i believe, tell me a little of what you have accomplished, and a bit about this world so i can remember..... LOL

12. oooooh ok, i went to the myst website, and found some screen shots, ignore the rainbow reference, that was riven (i think), but i do come bearing a link for you :
    http://users.owt.com/leelan/web/myst/mysthint.htm
    it gives you hints for each age, but only one at a time, and you can get more than one, but sometimes only one helps so you can beat the game without "cheating" the whole way through it,.

btw, i beat this game without the help of a book, or website, (before anyone asks) and i just found this link, by googling *Myst Help*

13. kiwirobin

kiwirobin Premium Member

Myst, awsome games.
    I've also completed 1,2,3 and saving up for the latest release.
    I know how frustrating it is to be stuck, I've also spent many weeks on one puzzel.
    Just keep trying and don't go to the cheats or walkthroughs till you really can't take any more. Eventualy you will find the solution...enlightenment.
    Think of each extra day spent as more value for money.
    :bnghd: is part of the game
    goodluck

14. mscbkc070904

mscbkc070904 Premium Member

Hey i am gonna download a free version trial of URU. I have heard about this game and would like to try it out. I heard the graphics are awesome on it.

For those who have played it, your reviews make it seem worth playing. Thanks.