Site Announcement Most Recent Likes / Most Recent Ratings

Discussion in 'Website Support & Announcements' started by Mark, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Mark

Mark ♤♡◇♧ Staff Member

Over the last couple of days, some code changes have been put in place.

Item Changed: Most Recent Likes sidebar block, which displays a set number of members who have received a like from another member, within a set time period in days, in a post they have made.

The Change: The problem was the conflict from the OEM built-in like system, and the upgrade Post Rating system I have installed. The sidebar block unfortunately only could display the "Likes", which with the post rating upgrade, the sidebar block would only count a click from the "thumbs up" emoji. This had to be changed.

How it works now: I refactored the database query so now all Post Rating emoji's clicked, will count toward your display rank in the sidebar Most Recent Ratings (as it is now called) block.

These changes reflect the need to display and rank all ratings applied. Currently all possible ratings net a positive rating point to the recipient. All rating points apply to your display rank on the forum home sidebar. All ratings ranking you on the forum home sidebar expire on the sidebar (only). After a preset number of days, rating points will start to roll off. Also there is a set limit on the absolute number of recently top rated members that will in the sidebar block on forum home.

nJoy

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Hforce

Hforce Re Member Premium Member

Nice I was going to bring it up at some point. Beat me to it

:roflmao:

• Starred Starred x 1
  3. Mark

Mark ♤♡◇♧ Staff Member

The conversion is now complete.

Some people will note that their Rating score has changed, and downward. This is because the rating system partially depended on the built-in likes system of our OEM software. Years ago we had a Thanks system in place next to the likes system. The Thanks system wrote into the likes database. Since this value is no longer used as a metric, I have run a query to pull the OEM likes into the ratings system, and disconnect the ratings system from the likes system. This is now completed as well as the forum home page Most Recent Ratings box being properly modified in order to use the ratings system exclusive of the likes system.

The numbers have been recounted and are all valid and verified.

4. Mark

Mark ♤♡◇♧ Staff Member

I have decided to push the remainder likes from the old database to the members rating score. It might be this weekend, but I think it should be done.