ID Lounge More Amazing facts -A

Discussion in 'ID Members Lounge' started by helenheaven, Oct 10, 2004.

1. helenheaven

helenheaven Premium Member

A

You have to be at least 58.5 inches to be an astronaut.

Unique animals. Hippopotami cannot swim, whales can't swim backwards, tarantulas can't spin webs, crocodiles can't chew and hummingbirds can't walk

Ants
    Ants make up 1/10 of the total world animal tissue

An ant can survive for up to two days underwater.

The animal with the largest brain in proportion to its size is the ant.

Ants dont sleep. (apparently noone can be sure since they don't have eyelids, they also have no need for sleep)

Ants taste like sweet tarts. (from experience..)

Americans on average eat 18 acres of pizza every day.

The weight of air in a milk glass is about the same as the weight of one aspirin. (But one also wonders how big a milk glass is... anyone?)

The gases emitted from a banana or an apple can help an orange ripen. (Not sure which fruits are concerned).

Adolph Hitler was a vegetarian, and had only 1, and i repeat, ONE, #@!&%.

Al Gore and Tommy Lee Jones were once roommates. Thanx Rebecca

Australia is a major exporter of camels

Australia has no native monkeys. (in the wild)

Australia's box jellyfish has toxins more potent than the venom in cobras, and is one of the most dangerous jellyfish in the world

Apparently 1/3 of people with alarm clocks hit the 'snooze' button every morning, and from 25-34 age group, it is over 1/2. (are you one of them?)

Hans Christian Anderson, creater of fairy tales, was word-blind. He never learned to spell correctly, and his publishers always had errors

On average, Americans spend about 6 months of their lives waiting at red traffic lights

There is air in space, but very little of it. In fact, it is equivalent to a marble in a box 5 miles wide. Most of the gas is captured by the gravitational pull of other celestial bodies.
    Abdul Kassam Ismael, Grand Vizier of Persia in the tenth century, carried his library with him wherever he went. Four hundred camels carried the 117,000 volumes.

[Edited on 12-29-2004 by pineappleupsidedown]

2. Gravare

Gravare Premium Member

Some things I learned today:
    1. I am tall enough to be an astronaut.
    2.I now know everything there is to find out about ants.(sweet tarts, seriously?)
    3.We sure do love our pizza!:p
    4.1 nice thing about Hitler(although, quite possibly the only one)
    5.I wake up like the majority of young americans, 3+ snoozes:duh:
    6.Red lights are an evil conspiracy to steal our life!
    7.Them Persians like their books.
    8.(from another amazing facts thread) I can lick my left elbow.

And I am ever grateful to the members of ID for this oh-so-enlightening day:D

I will leave you with that.

3. DucKid

DucKid Premium Member

Yeah! I can be an astronaut! Darn red lights! That time could be well spent on the computer! I'm going on an ant binge! :D How did Hitler have the ball to kill 1 million jews? :D