ID Lounge Money Money Where are you?

Discussion in 'ID Members Lounge' started by tablet, Oct 20, 2004.

1. tablet

tablet Premium Member

Anyone here know of any good site that teaches MONEY? Like who created it, where it comes from and how it runs the world.

Conspiracy or non-conspiracy is welcome! Give it to me!! Link Link, where are you.

2. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

Now that you are a STUDENT... ;)... How about start a research project on money, how it came into existance and the power of it. Just leave out the conspiracy and you have the making of a really awesome Research Project.

3. tablet

tablet Premium Member

Well, hmmm... let's see.

4. junior_smith

junior_smith Premium Member

i would be glad to help you in a research of money, i have to do some work in my other research as well, lol

5. drlau

drlau Premium Member

Here I am!

Site based on the book "A History of Money" by Glen Davies.

Includes:
    • A detailed listing of the contents of each chapter of the book.
    • A Comparative Chronology of Money
    • Inflation and the Pendulum Metatheory of Money
    • Origins of Money and of Banking
    • Warfare and Financial History
    • The Significance of Celtic Coinage
    • The Vikings and Money in England
    • Money in North American History
    • The Origins of the term Dollar and the Dollar Sign
    • Britain and European Monetary Union
    • Democracy and Government Control of the Money Supply
    • Third World Money and Debt in the Twentieth Century
    • Monetary Innovation in Historical Perspective

A good place to start your research!

6. tablet

tablet Premium Member

I've never done any serious research... so don't expect anything.

The Research Projects section needs a "How to do proper research" thread. I'm currently collecting links for it. Hoping it will make people interest in doing any kind of research in the future.

7. switchblade

switchblade Member

That would be so helpfull as I have never done any research at all.:up:

8. Zsandmann

Zsandmann Premium Member

I have just finished the How to Research thread

Z Out

9. oddtodd

oddtodd Premium Member

tablet , If you and I were on a desert island and you traded me your last loaf of bread for my last $ 100 dollar bill ..... You would starve , I would eat , and when you died of starvation before me YOU would become dinner for oddtodd ....And then I would take my money back .....

My point here is that money is imaginary ... you cannot eat it , you cannot eat gold ,silver , or any other precious metals or minerals. It has an imaginary value placed on it that can only be exchanged with someone who has established an imaginary value of their own .

We all need the same things in life ... food , shelter , and a lifetime subscription to Popular Science ....:lol:

Maybe you should research WHEN mankind adopted a monitary system of value that DID NOT have a "human need" attached to it ... For example : this little clay chip I am giving you is not only a promise to pay yo the price of a goat , but to actually GIVE you a real live goat !!!

Strange that we all need that paper stuff to trade with .....

The word "carat" that defines the weight of a precious stone comes from an ancient word for grain , an interesting fact seeing that only one of them can be eaten...

10. tablet

tablet Premium Member

11. tablet

tablet Premium Member

Have anyone look at it yet? I just looked, very informative!!

12. marg6043

marg6043 Premium Member

If after you go around looking for links and research you find a side that will give 'money" for free, pleeeeseeee by all means share with us.;)

I need some for the holidays:D:up: