ID Lounge memories of youth

Discussion in 'ID Members Lounge' started by Icewolf, Mar 23, 2005.

1. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

does anyone here remember their childhood, I can barely remember before the aged of about 8/9, although lately I've been getting flashes of primary school alot while I daydream. Is this unusual?

- Ice -

2. Ape

Ape Premium Member

holy crap thats weird so have I. but theres something strange about it. Like sometimes during class I will daze off a bit and see this figure it's real weird like a label. It looks kind of like a blured Burger King sign but the old one, u know orange and white and such. I'm starting to think like some kind of repressed memory that happened in a burger king or something. But it's weird. thats pretty strange u would thread this cause I was just thinking about it a little bit ago.

3. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

i would love to go through regression hypnosis to find out more about ym youth, i just strolled through it and i really don't remember it, which scares me. But I doubt i'll ever get to go through regression.

4. Ape

Ape Premium Member

I totally agree with u I barealy remeber my younger childhood. It flashed by so quick like I missed so much. Until I was in the 4th to 5th grade I started to really remember things and even still not that well.

5. bodebliss

bodebliss The Zoc-La of Kromm-B Premium Member

Ahh,you don't want to remember.

Something is blocking your Time track.

I can remember back to conception, if I want.

Just worked at it till I broke every barrier.

6. mscbkc070904

mscbkc070904 Premium Member

Well you will remember things as time goes on, but the best way to remember is to keep a journal, pictures (even ones you dont want to keep, but they can unlock lost memories), newspaper clippings, and now with email you can blog it or keep a journal within your system (just be careful to not be hacked, dont want your life exposed).

I can remember things back to when I was 5. I see certain things as you go on in life that just trigger lost memories and sometimes they flash back to you like they never left.

Sometimes people remember only bad things, but most of us remember good times. I know there are alot of things I try to remember about bad things that happen, but they are not even clear, but the good things I remember to the T.

7. Subdued

Subdued Emotional Wreckage Premium Member

The thing that is making me scared is that i have memories from the age 3/4 or even earlied. Is this unusual?

8. mscbkc070904

mscbkc070904 Premium Member

Subdued, there is nothing wrong with that at all, its your life, you lived it, having those memories is a gift to remember back that far. You could go back as far as being in the womb, thru therapy, its just unlocking that blockage, making your mind open up to remember. But it all depends on your childhood.

I know people, friends of mine that cant remember childhood, cause they locked it away, it was bad times, they cant remember anything before a certain age and the time they start remembering, means that they either had something good happen to them or they escaped the torment they went thru.

9. malik

malik Premium Member

I remember my childhood clearly..:clwndnc:
    I don't know for me its the smell.. baby lotion.. i still use it because it reminds me of my childhood.:sing:
    What else.. I remember going to barbeques and picnics, playing sports, and cards with family members... (I don't any more because everyone is too busy..everyone is grown up) I think I remember my childhood so well is because I almost miss it.:ham:

10. Gravare

Gravare Premium Member

im still just a kid and i dont remember much of anything from 3rd grade on down. sad that at this age i am already losing my memories isnt it.:cryb:

11. bodebliss

I find this all hard to believe I have vivid mems that go all the way back and for the most part always have. I relish this.

Here is abook to help w/ recall:

Self Analysis

The way existence works is the better you can accurately remember the better off, all around, you are.

[Edited on 6-30-2005 by bodebliss]

12. xu

xu Premium Member

to remember the past you have to have some milestones that will shine in your memory and help you to remember other details from the past, and if you dont have a memory of some remarkable event, like say giant butterflies coupling on the wall of your house, or if you lived a too monotonuous life through your childhood it will be harder to remember. and if you were bored in anyway, or have any negative feelings about anytime in your past, you tend to forget it, this is a natural mechanism.

13. bodebliss

That's what that book is about, Xu.

14. xu

xu Premium Member

I aint buying no book :lol:

15. Ameliah

Ameliah Member

I am still a child and I remember events from 1st grade on.:spam: Hey, I like Spam!

16. xu

xu Premium Member

I just checked that book carefully again. I didnt know you were a scientology member bode.:0 :mnky:

17. bodebliss

I am not nor have I ever been a Scientology member, nor will I ever be one.

I don't appreciate the org., but having said that I have read L. Ron Hubbard's books and find they are very good on info and technique.

18. xu

xu Premium Member

ok just checking :D,

I admire the man because he is so clever to find a way of making a huge amount of cash from thin air (xenu aliens invaded our souls etc) without even being have to pay any tax, and command a woking army of slaves in disguise of charity work. Im sure he was laughing his rear off behind the scenes. or on a second thought I dont really admire him that much. :lol:

19. bodebliss

I know the story of L. Ron Hubbard from the web, but you are not aware of the ideas in his books and how they might help you.

All people who transit this plane leave good marks and bad, but to mention only the bad marks of Hubbard is a sorta unjust handling of a true intellect.

His works have helped many myself included.

20. xu

xu Premium Member

well if I was him I wouldnt admire myself, but I would know that I am clever even though I am not an angel. to me even (the concept) evil has good sides. so there is a difference between good and good :D Im not saying he is all bad if you get what I mean.

are you sure you are not into scientology, heheh ok joking :D