ID Lounge MARCH ID SPOTLIGHT

Discussion in 'ID Members Lounge' started by mscbkc070904, Feb 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mscbkc070904

mscbkc070904 Premium Member

Please submit any questions or comments or suggestions for the Mods to read. Thanks for participating.

M

2. mscbkc070904

I thought this would good hence, the recent findings in India due to the tsunami and other areas that are being excavated.

3. kiwirobin

kiwirobin Premium Member

I agree with mc, lots happening in this field at the moment.

4. mscbkc070904

Only 4 votes so far? Hmmm, I was hoping for a better turnout than this.

What even worse is that this poll has been viewed 24 times and only 4 votes? There should be at least 10. Just trying to help the forum out.

Come on guys vote, Pretty Please. This site is your site too. I dont get any extra credit for this.

[Edited on 2-19-2005 by mscbkc070904]

5. mscbkc070904

Mods, when do you want to close the poll by? Say Feb 27th to give you a day to prep the forum for possible ideas for members to research on, if that was an idea to be used?

6. mscbkc070904

Just asking for a vote, 47 views and only 6 votes, please participate...and any Mods/Admin types have ideas for small projects or would like to see some data/info/news on certain things relating to the subject, please provide it or chat about it. Thanks!

7. mscbkc070904

Well there is one day left on the vote. Mods/Admin please tell us what you think. If we do decide to do something with the vote and decide to do small simple research projects, and it seems that archeology is in the lead right now I would like to suggest, if this is the ID spotlight for March, a few topics to throw out.

We know of many known civilizations taught in history class, what about a civilization not well known. Doesnt have to be somethign lengthy, just a simple overview, like A Closer Look: Wabbi Wabbi Tribe of S America. Just give like the dates of existence, what they were, what happened to them, what did they contribute to history, etc. Another idea I just came up with, Acient Civilizations, one for each continent or huge land mass, like IndoChina, China, Russia, Northern South America, Central S. America, Southern S. America, Australia, North America (Plains region, Mexico region, western region, northern region (US area), eastern region, Canada, all points, N, E, S, W and Central, European areas, etc.

Dinosaur Era, pick a timeframe and report on it, like what existed in that time frame, what was man evolution status at that time, what inventions did man make, where was man found in the world in that timeframe, what type of animals/dinos were within mans reach for survival.

Oceanic Archeology, go by oceans, waht existed in the oceans at that time, what islands or land masses existed or didnt exist back in the dino era.

Religious eras - Iraq, Iran, Israel, Persia, etc about those civilizations that existed back then that are no longer and how they may have become nations they are now.

These are just some ideas. And I say post what you might would liek to see or read on. Like I said, stressing this, it does NOT have to be long and painful just a quick overview. And its a learning experience for the person researching it and helps educate us that read what others found. And if we want to educate ourselves more extensively, to ensure to provide weblinks on where we found the info.

Just my 2 cents and hope to see if anything comes out from this. Just trying to get members more involved and educate us more on things we dont know. Please do add any suggestions if you like and if you think this is not a good idea, please do say so.

8. mscbkc070904

One day left for final voting and its close as you can see. If any other Admin/Super Mods could help get this finalized for March we could start some good threads and possible small research projects, if it is decided to do so.

And I say, IMO, test this out for the month and see how it goes, who interested and so forth and get and idea of how we can implement this is future months to come.

9. mscbkc070904

If no one else votes, we still need at least one vote to offset the tie or if tie all three up...come on peeps, VOTE!!!!

10. pineappleupsidedown

pineappleupsidedown Premium Member

There is finally a winner! Thread locked

---Pineapple

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.