News @ ID Man Gets Probation For Role In Suicide

Discussion in 'News @ ID' started by Bleys, Apr 8, 2005.

1. Bleys

Bleys Phoenix Takes Flight Staff Member

Seventy-four year old Huntington Williams wanted to help his friend, John Welles. Wells had been diagnosed with prostate cancer after many years of not seeing a doctor. When Welles decided it was time to end his life - his friend Williams gave him his gun and told the best and most effective way to do it.

I applaud the judge and prosecutors for not to charging this man with murder. What a difficult situation to be put in. How would you respond? Would you help them? Could you live with yourself afterwards?

I hope that no one ever puts me in that situation because even hypothetically I have difficulty answering the question - would I?

B.

2. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

Well, exactly Bleys! The judge say it perfectly.....
    I have no idea what I would do. Love, compassion, religous (no matter your religion or lack of it), ethical, and moral views all clash together on this one. My guess is that LOVE won..... Maybe not won, but you get the point.... I guess I am saying this as we have the thread now about... Would you kill for love..... In a way, he did it... Terrible terrible position to be put in ......

Edited - Added link

3. bodebliss

bodebliss The Zoc-La of Kromm-B Premium Member

Well all's good as long as Williams didn't take out a big fat life insurance policy on Welles the day before the incident.