News @ ID Man gets 9 years for spamming

Discussion in 'News @ ID' started by tablet, Apr 9, 2005.

1. tablet

tablet Premium Member

We all complain about spam and wish that something should be done about it. Well here’s your first case, a 30 years man/woman is now jailed for 9 years. To me this penalty is too harsh but I guess they do it to send a message to the spam business.

9 years… is that too much?

2. bodebliss

bodebliss The Zoc-La of Kromm-B Premium Member

Naw that's probably just right. People's right to privacy and respect have been eroded severely. This could be the pendulum swinging the other way.

3. Bleys

Bleys Phoenix Takes Flight Staff Member

:ham:

the guys a #@!&% no doubt but 9 years? Seems a little harsh for a non-violent crime. I'd like to see him pay restitution instead - keep him working as a part of a "geek squad"

[Edited on 4-12-2005 by Bleys]

4. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

Well, I agree with it... The guy was using fake e-mail addresses. Now, what reprecussions did the owners of those mails have from angry customers. Especially when they did not send anything out and they do not even sell those products. He scammed people out of money and cost companies money from having to deal with the angry complaints. So, he is no more than a general scam artist....... 9 years is a good amount.

5. infinite

infinite Member

i agree,
    9 years it more like a hard punch in the face. I would like him join part of the "geek squad". Prison for 9 years is abit harsh for a non voilent crime.

6. Subdued

Subdued Emotional Wreckage Premium Member

No wonder that my mailbox stopped filling itself with spam messages... Must've been from him:lol:

7. bodebliss

bodebliss The Zoc-La of Kromm-B Premium Member

"No wonder that my mailbox stopped filling itself with spam messages... Must've been from him"

They allow computers in prison. Soon you'll be getting *SPAM* from [email protected]

[Edited on 4-27-2005 by bodebliss]

8. Subdued

Subdued Emotional Wreckage Premium Member

Nah, i bet the spam provider charge convicted will be deprived from this luxury:D

9. DucKid

DucKid Premium Member

9 years? Those spam idiots only get 9 years? Put them in jail for life!!! I hate spam!

10. Piggsy

Piggsy New Member

Thats too harsh for a man just :spam:ing It did'nt hurt anyone

11. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

Well, he physically did not hurt people. But, he cost businesses alot of money and lost time. He spammed concealing the true address with legit business addresses. Now, those companies had to deal with lost business, upset people, and other legal issues. His actions hurt alot of people and probably cost a few their jobs as well. He deserves the time he got.