Human Biology Lsd: Effects On Brain Chemistry

Discussion in 'Human Biology' started by black hawk, Dec 2, 2004.

1. black hawk

black hawk Premium Member

Does lsd really open doors in your mind, that would not open if you have not tried lsd. Was the government testing lsd on humans for a reason? what did they have in mind?Super humans? Some people that use lsd can not learn how to shut the doors that were opened. Trust me, i have that problem.

2. /Future Corpse/

/Future Corpse/ Premium Member

1.) Impossible to answer as that would involve the counter-exsitence of two timelines. One in which you did lsd to see the outcome and one in which you did not to see it the same outcome is probable.

2. 3. 4.) Yes, I beileve it was being tested for use in everything from more vicious soldiers to a truth serom. Perhaps someone could provide some links.

5.) Doors? Personally it sounds far to whimsical to me, but that is just my opinion. IMHO what lsd does it that it allows the user to uncondition themselves. Think of it like this: The folds of your brain are a railroad track and the electrical surges (crudely described as thoughts) are the train. Now on a normal day the train would race across on the predesignated rails or conditioned folds. However with lsd the train jumps from track to track instead of being confined by the set of rails presently on. Basicly your train of thought changes by advancing in different ways as oppose to following the conditioned routine.

Does lsd make you any smarter? No, what it does is allow you to have a different 'train of thought' then you would normally be inclined to have.

3. Zsandmann

Zsandmann Premium Member

I agree with FC on the latter questions. LSD simply removes the inhibitions and the boundaries in your brain. As for tested uses of LSD, that is a legitimate question, Ill move this to chemistry if we want to discuss the composition and uses of the drug.

4. black hawk

good. I like the replys so far. People still use that stuff, every day. it's not nice to mess with your body in any way.....ive been smoking cigeretts, for a while 7 yrs, and i can barley breathe....

5. Zsandmann

Zsandmann Premium Member

LSD is similar in chemical composition to serotonin--the naturally occurring happy pill in your brain. LSD interferes with serotonin's normal action on the brain receptor sites. I don't understand all the scientific jargon, but it seems that LSD acts on the brain chemistry to produce a dreamlike state in a waking person.

6. pineappleupsidedown

pineappleupsidedown Premium Member

do these "doors" stay open, even after you stop feeling the affects of LSD? or is this only for when you are on it?

otherwise, these open doors could just be a dream.

---pineapple

7. black hawk

well , it is some what like a dream....The doors remain open. Imagine waking up and having your whole day be dreamy. after a while you will get sick of it. You do not see anything move. but you are still dreamy.

8. pineappleupsidedown

How long does it take to get the LSD out of your system? I'm obviously not talking about perminant effects, but like how long until you would pass an "LSD drug test", as it were.

---pineapple

9. Zsandmann

Zsandmann Premium Member

Im unsure, on Mythbusters they ate poppy seed bagels and bread and it stayed in their system for like 3 or 4 days and made them fail the test. I bet the real stuff would last much longer. Hair samples retain it till the affected hair is cut off... all hair.

10. /Future Corpse/

I recently found out about an old friend that I use to trip with and she seems to have completely lost her grasp on social reality. She just can't function in it anymore. Why it has perminent and negative effects on some people and not others, I can not say. IMHO it appears that if you are not mentally balanced to begin with then the drug will amplify the problems. But this of course has not happened the same way for anyone, somehow it helped to balance me out and I was mad as a hater before hand.

Point is that it is not a good idea to do lsd unless you are completely sure of what you are getting into. I know people that have been institutianalised after one hit and others like myself that were swimming in it.

Just be carefull.:)

11. black hawk

interesting theory, lsd works differently on us all....i have the same social problem that your friend has......go to a restarunt , and then all the sudden you get tingly feelings on your body and you freak out

12. pineappleupsidedown

My mom went for her drug test and meantioned that she had had some poppy seeds the night before. The man testing her said he had a whole shot of poppy seeds before a test as an experiment and passed just fine.

that is interesting about the hair

---pineapple

13. pineappleupsidedown

since LSD is different for everyone, how can you be sure of what your getting into?

---pineapple

14. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

Actually, poppy seeds make it look like you took heroine. But, if you say you ate poppy seeds, they give another test to rule out if it is poppy seeds or real heroine. Yes, the hair is a dead give away for drug use. the longer your hair, the further they can go back. I took classes for speaking about drugs when I was in the military. I know that there was some chemical and other information on LSD and how it affects the mind and the like. I will try to look through the old stuff and see what I can pull up on it.

Basically... DO NOT TRY IT! This is just for understanding the drug! That is it!

15. /Future Corpse/

True, but like anything you can do research on it to see what the possible problems can be. If you are willing to deal with the consequences of your actions, then that is your choice to take. All I meant is to make sure you are not missinformed by one or two people that have never had problems when there are millions more out there that may have. We are denying ignorance after all.:D