Human Biology Limbs controlled with the mind

Discussion in 'Human Biology' started by JcMinJapan, Feb 21, 2005.

1. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

For those of you that saw I-Robot, you will remember that Will Smith had a fake arm. It looked and acted real. Well, soon, this may not be sci-fi, but reality. I am sure that this will bring up questions on just how much human is human.. But, leaving those matters aside, the technological development is wonderful. This will certainly help people. Any body part could be replaced and offer a person a chance to live a normal like. I am sure that with enough medical testing, they will also be able to give it feeling as well. The brain controls it all, they just need to be able to smulate it. I am sure they will even be able to get rid of the pain and just keep the feeling.

2. mscbkc070904

mscbkc070904 Premium Member

Thats where I thought cloning technology should have been kept but not to make humans, only body parts and liek bad organs to help those who need it. It gives those a chance especially after some of the vets from prior wars and in Iraq give them back what they lost. Yes its fake and not original but at least a cloned armed or leg would give someone a chance to live again, same goes for those who need transplants.

3. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

People with all sorts of ailments will be able to have a new lease on life. Some will have been born that way and suddenly have a chance to do the things they never thought possible. What a dream come true... too bad they will be severly expensive and out of the reach of the average person....

4. mscbkc070904

mscbkc070904 Premium Member

well just like any new tech toy out there, once it becomes popular the rpice begins to drop or they find the new improved method/style it will drop and aid will come. Has too, cause it reduces $$$ put to health aid/disability, unemployment, welfare recipients, so for those who are not fortunate, will have the chance to make it fortunate...I just hope we accel in this and help everyone. And as far as the military folks are concerned, those who lost a limb while serving their country should get automatic, no charges for replacement. Then all those who were in accidents where is wasnt their fault, and insurance companies that are paying that compensation should pay for the limb and surgery, of course there is a backlash, those who got use to the payments wont want to get a limb, but of course if its avail and the payer is willing to pay for the surgery and treatment on it, they cant say no. Oh well its a good thoguht but as humans are and money tied into it, there will be recourses and those few lazy #@!&% who complain about everything will keep this opportunityh just out of reach for those who want it but cant have it.

Humanity isnt it great! Everything is about how much they can get for a dollar.