Lit & The Arts Left Behind Series

Discussion in 'Literature & The Arts' started by mscbkc070904, Mar 7, 2005.

1. mscbkc070904

mscbkc070904 Premium Member

Has anyone read all of these? What did you think of it?

Has anyone picked up the new series book, The Rising? If so, how good is?

www.leftbehind.com

2. oddtodd

oddtodd Premium Member

I read the first one but stopped there when my uncle told me it was church propoganda . Other than that , I liked it but have not gone to the extent of renting the movie starring Kirk Cameron....

I like developing mysteries like that , but really don't dig the God explaination in fiction books like this .

3. mscbkc070904

mscbkc070904 Premium Member

I didnt know there was 2 other series besides the left behind series, one is political and the other military series. Still I would like to read them myself. I have heard many good views on them, but of course people who frown on religious things, dont give it much credit. Its just a book not a change of faith. To each his own.

4. oddtodd

oddtodd Premium Member

Don't get me wrong , I'd read them all.... I just wouldn't pay for them . kind of like not buying KRAFT products becaose they are owned by Philip Morris .

The God I believe in doesn't need cash mister . - Bono

I would still steal your Velveeta -oddtodd

5. johseph

johseph New Member

left behind series is alright-as fiction. Most Christians dont even believe jesus' return will happen how it does in the left behind books. own a few of them and got through each in a couple of hours, so theyre good to read if you have an hour or two to kill. what else..theyre a wee bit sensationalised, and have some lousy characters, but yeah id give them all above average ratings.

6. marg6043

marg6043 Premium Member

Those book made a big impact after 9/11 and the author took the oportunity to cash out on the tragic events with the books, he actually sold a lot.

Yes they are propaganda, but for profits.