Zoology Koi with a human face

Discussion in 'Zoology' started by mscbkc070904, Jan 21, 2005.

1. mscbkc070904

mscbkc070904 Premium Member

Did anyone hear about the Koi that was inter-bred with another type of fish and the 2 mixed where the right between the eyes of the fish resembles a human face and as the years passed on and more breeding the human face has become more visible on this Koi. I saw it in the news last night and today. It looks wicked. I will see if I can get a pic and news article about it.

2. mscbkc070904

Article related

[​IMG]

One of two 19-year-old fish with human-like #@!&% features in Chongju, about 140 km (88 miles) south of Seoul on January 10, 2005. The hybrid species fish were born between a carp and a leather carp in the pond of a personal house in Chongju. Each of the two female fish is 80 cm (32 inches) long and 50 cm (20 inches) in circumference. The owner of the fish said on Monday that their faces have begun to look more and more human over the last couple of years.

3. drlau

drlau Premium Member

Great topic!

Do you have any links to the original article(s)?

4. tablet

tablet Premium Member

5. Aubiefan05

Aubiefan05 Member

I saw the pictures on my Yahoo homepage last week, it was definitely eerie...I didn't believe it at first, I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be a hoax.

6. oddtodd

oddtodd Premium Member

It was on the local news last night , I chose it over the inauguration coverage... not a hoax ! Just a funny looking fish .

Maybe a reincarnated fisherman living in fear of the hook !

7. mscbkc070904

I watched it on the news that how I found out about it, its not a hoax the old one back in 2003 was a hoax and I saw a picture of that one and it was fake, the fish head look much like a human face and all. But this one is real.

8. Derek

Derek ■֎؜♫■ Staff Member

That looks more "catlike" to me for some reason...

Here are some more creatures that have human like features.

9. Young William

Young William Premium Member

I agree with the catfish appraisal, though it's still an interesting story whether you believe in evolution or not.