ID Lounge Just wondering...

Discussion in 'ID Members Lounge' started by malik, Apr 11, 2005.

1. malik

malik Premium Member

Hey do you guys think it is bad luck to buy your wedding dress.. or suit (Tuxedo-for guys) before you get married or even engaged? (Just Curious)

M:p

2. Nygdan

Nygdan Member

Well you'd need it before you get married no?

And if you haven't decided between a dress or a tux,perhaps the timming of the purchase is the least of your concerns now? heh heh.

I've never heard of any bad luck superstition surrounding the time of purchase. Also, consider that dresses are sometimes passed on over a generation.

3. Bleys

Bleys Phoenix Takes Flight Staff Member

:ham:

Of course not, it's bad luck to waste a ridiculous amount of money on something you will never be able to wear again. Rent, rent, rent ... or borrow one from a family member.

I know - very unromantic.....................................but we are talking money here. Upgrade your diamond, add it to the downpayment on your home or use it for the honeymoon.

Practical Bleys

4. helenheaven

helenheaven Premium Member

practical Helen says buy, then you have one for second time round....

But I wouldn't buy before knowing where the venue is, the outfit for a beach wedding in Fiji will be slightly different to the fur lined number for an Aspen wedding!

5. malik

malik Premium Member

Hey thanks you guys... I am not getting married but my cousin is and she was trying on wedding dresses and I tagged along.. I don’t like trying stuff on if I am not going to buy it… (Weird-lol)..Anyways.. I just wanted to make sure that if I did fell in love with a dress.. I could buy it and not have bad luck…. (heehhehehe)..
    Yeah Bleys.. renting or borrowing is a lot cheaper.. It makes complete sense.. (my sister doesn’t want her wedding dress anymore.. and says that I can borrow it…!)

I think I would like a summer wedding.. or spring.. The winters in Canada are just too Cold....eeeeyyee...

Anyways
    Thanks
    Malik
    :clwndnc:

6. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

HA HA Helen...... Good Point that could be overlooked..... Hey, so if you think that you may get married 10 times or so, it can be a real big money saver from the rental fees... :pbjtime: