ID Lounge Just wondering....

Discussion in 'ID Members Lounge' started by confusedwisdom, Apr 8, 2005.

1. confusedwisdom

confusedwisdom New Member

Has anyone ever met that one person who would be perfect for you ifthey were of the opposite sex? Or ran into someone attracted to you but the timing was off? I never want to hurt anyone and always end up getting stuck in that predicament where you just can't say "no".
    This just came to mind it's kind of a bunch of random thoughts strung together, sry.

CW

2. DreamLandMafia

DreamLandMafia Premium Member

Ehh...none of those for me.

But I have had 1 ex girlfriend that even though she broke up with me, still seems like she'd be perfect for me.

:(

3. Bleys

Bleys Phoenix Takes Flight Staff Member

No, but just because you said it I'll probably start looking now. lol

Definitely. But it's much worse when the feeling is mutual. You meet or find someone who gives you "that feeling"- the one you feel right down to your very core. The electrical charge and butterflies make for sleepless nights, pleasant musings, and what-ifs. We all have had those feelings or experiences - nothing to feel bad about. It's human nature . We just need to be open and honest in those situations. Better to cause a little discomfort now than a devastating heartbreak later.

B.

4. bodebliss

bodebliss The Zoc-La of Kromm-B Premium Member

Oh, when I was 17 I was standing in my back yard talking to god as I liked to do and I heard a voice say, "you will marry an oriental woman." and I said "what?!" and the voice repeated, "you will marry an oriental woman" and I said, "ok"

Well life went on I joined the Army at 20. I was in 2 1/2 years and a levy came down for Korea. I heard a voice say," now is not the time." So I didn't sign on to the levy, not knowing whether there would be another or not. 3 months later another levy came down and I heard the same voice say," now! now is the time!" I signed up and was chosen for assignment to Korea. When I arrived in Korea and was going through orientation, a voice said, "she's not here now", so when I went to the unit I was asked if I wanted to go to leadership school so I did. A month later on my first pass, I walked out the gate down through the village the first place I stopped at was the prior place my future wife worked at as a barmaid. I looked at every person's face in the bar and did not see the face of the person I had come to Korea to find. I walked down road to the main highway , but along the way I noticed a sign and I immediately knew that was the place. So I walked back, opened the door, someone greeted me, asked if I wanted to sit at a table or at the bar. I saw a person moving back and forth behind the bar though I couldn't see her face I knew that person was the person I had journeyed half-way around the world to meet and a voice said," There she is!"

Making a long story short, we've been in love(oh and married) 28 years. I'd say those inner(or were they outer) voices can come in handy.

Listen to them...