Technology Is your PC a zombie?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by tablet, Mar 24, 2005.

1. tablet

tablet Premium Member

Yes, it's a fact that if you connect to the net without a firewall of some sort you'll be under attack Right away. The other day I shutdown my firewall to see how quick I get attack (I did leave antivirus on incase...) and I immediately got hit.

2. mscbkc070904

mscbkc070904 Premium Member

I dont get why people do this. I guess they just like to know that they can whatever they want. I think some of these people should use their talents elsewhere for the better good, instead of causing corruption.

3. DreamLandMafia

DreamLandMafia Premium Member

One reason iv made the full conversion to Linux. I got sick of updating all my AVs and Anti Spyware programs every week, now on Linux its near impossible to get a virus. I only recall hearing about somebody getting a virus twice in Linux.

4. tablet

tablet Premium Member

Welcome to the Hacker’s Lair

Wow. This is truly a fascinating tale! At first I read it seems boring but as I read more and near the middle it becomes very interesting. Read it… (people who are not computer savvy might have a hard time following the technical part, in that case fast read or skim it, I’m sure the zoombie part will get your interest)

I remember back when Bleys or DLM mentioned about American Election voting system got hacked, well… this is a wake up call.

Truly fascinating tale.

edit: haah, forgot the link!! here it is:
    http://www.grc.com/dos/grcdos.htm

5. DreamLandMafia

DreamLandMafia Premium Member

I remember reading about that on /.

Also, if I recall, Google was taken down a few months ago by a DDoS attack by thousands of computers. Microsoft was targetted by the MyDoom virus a few months ago as well, that infected nearly a Million Computers. MS managed too divert the attacks.

6. alternateheaven

alternateheaven New Member

Little late to add on to this thread, but oh well.

DLM > your refering to the phpBB virus that used google to search out targets right? If so I remember when that hit, because I did a search for "Powered by phpBB" and google spit back an error about it being under attack by a virus, check back later. That message was actually up until maybe a month ago, it seems google has resumed searches for that string.