Metaphysics Infinite Happiness

Discussion in 'Metaphysics' started by Mizar, Nov 7, 2004.

1. Mizar

Mizar Premium Member

well can you

i think so becasue if your infinatly happy whats the point in life so to me it would be pointless to seek infinate happiness whats your respons?

2. DreamLandMafia

DreamLandMafia Premium Member

I could be too happy, but I think id go nuts.

Some people that have had a rough life and #@!&% probaly couldnt handle that much happiness, itd be to strange and theyd probaly end up doing something drastic.

3. tablet

tablet Premium Member

I think one can be too happy. But is it normal? We know that love is blind, it shutdown other critical part of the mind. You have people saving cats instead of their baby when the house is burning.

But what about happiness? I don't know. BUT I think it's not normal to be too happy. It's odd that you brough this up because in this day and age, whose happy?

4. pineappleupsidedown

pineappleupsidedown Premium Member

When tablet?

I think people can be too happy, but only when they are so ignorant they dont realize the things going on around them.

---pineapple

5. tablet

tablet Premium Member

:When tablet?

Just a joke. hahah.

::just that. i should use icon next time.

6. pineappleupsidedown

pineappleupsidedown Premium Member

Sorry, its hard to tell in text. So was your entire post a joke or just that?

---pineapple

7. amantine

amantine Premium Member

Can there be too much of something good? I find this is a bit paradoxal. You can probably give some examples, but I propose we solve this problem as follows: we define good things in such a way that too much of them isn't possible.

Let me give an example. Instead of calling access to food a good thing, we should call access to enough food a good thing. You can't have too much access to enough food. I think all problems of too much good can be solved this way.

If everything is good and there is no bad for it to contrast with, that doesn't change the goodness of the good. The good is still good, you just don't notice it anymore.