ID Lounge ID ID cards

Discussion in 'ID Members Lounge' started by Icewolf, Mar 5, 2005.

1. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

I was thinking why doesn't ID give us ID cards, maybe we could get money off the next time we go into mc Donalds or somewhere.

On a more serious note, i'm sure we could think of something fun along these lines to bring the ID community closer together.

2. CyberKat6

CyberKat6 New Member

I don't know about the ID card idea:dn:, but you are right. It's strange, ID is a much smaller community than ATS, however, it seems that the people who spend a lot of time on ATS seem to be a lot closer - even when they disagree a lot.

Even too, I think that probably around half if ID's members are also members of ATS.

It's kind of strange. The mood is different here. It can be a refreshing change, and the people tend to reply (when they reply) in a much kinder manner.

Whereas on ATS, the kind of replies can vary anywhere from intelligent, helpful and friendly to downright rude.

But somehow, no matter the opinions, the banter there is less strained than it seems to be here, although by all reason, it should be just the opposite!

I don't know....:no:

3. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

alas, i know, (btw the ID cards was a joke, from drlau's picture on ID meber photos)

But hopefully with a few well timed event and community proects thie place will be buzzing in no time.

also having a different view of this place since you are at ATS what makes here diferent?

[Edited on 5-3-2005 by Icewolf]

4. DreamLandMafia

DreamLandMafia Premium Member

Us at ATS are probaly closer cuz most of us have been around for a long time. ID has only been round a few months, ATS (in this form) has been aroudn for nearly 3 years, and alot of the members have been there since nearly the beginning. So we've all talked and joked around and learned alot more about each other. Of course theres the occasional fight, like the other day I got in a scrap with somebody in chat.

5. CyberKat6

CyberKat6 New Member

Yeah, I think that DreamLandMafia is right. I myself have only been a member of ATS since 1/22/2005, and a member of I.D. since 1/23/2005. Only one day difference. I thought I had been a member here for a much shorter time.

That's wierd. Well not really, because I had been "evesdropping" for about a year on ATS, before I finally joined, and I don't know even how I found it at first. Probably through some google search trying to find out something or other, and ended up there. Since I have already had my own conspiracy theories about some of the things they talk about, I just kept watching.

I think that I will start another thread, trying to get us to all get to know each other. It will probably be hoakey, but lets see...

P.S. I knew that the ID cards were a joke!

I wasn't really aware of Ignorance Denied, or of BTS the whole time I was listeningin on ATS, so, although I wasn't talking, I guess I had felt as if I had gotten to know some of the members a little.

You know how when people first meet in person, how they will tend to be polite to each other, and go out of their way not to upset the other, etc... but that is not being real, either.

I think, like DreamLandMafia was saying, we just haven't reached that point of being comfortable enough to feel that yhou can express whatever you want (within the rules), and that although you may be disagreed with, as far as I can tell, no one seems to stay mad long, if at all. It's being real, and also respecting the thoughts and feelings of each other.

I'm glad that this thread was started, I hope it gets more interest. Because there is no reason in the world why we can't become just as comfortable with each other, if not more. And we should be able to disagree without being disagreeable, too.:up::lol:

[Edited on 3-5-2005 by CyberKat6]

6. tablet

tablet Premium Member

Want to get together? No problem.

Get invovle in projects and research. :pbjtime: or just slap on the sleeping wolf and get ready to run.

[Edited on 3-6-2005 by tablet]

7. oddtodd

oddtodd Premium Member

Yes , Icewolf must be stopped at all costs !

I think the premise here is education as opposed to "information debunking" over at ATS . I was looking for a science forum at ATS and this forum dropped out of nowhere and had everything I didn't find at ATS .

There were only 40 or 50 of us at the beginning and we lasted out the trial period (You should look up The Rings Game here and at ATS to see WHY this site is actually here . It is a reward for teamwork and sharing of information)

There are some debates and disagreements here , but feel free to share in the proper sub-sections . The lounge is a good place to be random , and the other sections are more an informative in nature .

Say what you want and be comfortable , nobody jumps on anyone here , just sane discussions about quesions we all have .

See you around !