Puzzles & Games ID does nationstates?

Discussion in 'Puzzles & Games' started by Icewolf, Apr 3, 2005.

1. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

Countries have to deal with all the issues we takl about here at ID. A practical type game involving running countries would be quite refreshing? (It would also include a lot of science, philosophy etc.)

- Ice -

2. Bleys

Bleys Phoenix Takes Flight Staff Member

:??:

Give us an example of what you are proposing.....

or else.

B.

3. oddtodd

oddtodd Premium Member

I wanna control the reactor !

4. Bleys

Bleys Phoenix Takes Flight Staff Member

you would.:lol:

I want to control pro sports and gambling.

Bleys

5. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

I will control the space development program.....

6. _Angel_1991

_Angel_1991 Premium Member

Umm...
    Nationstates is a website, as you guys know, which has a system where you answer issues and etc. to form your country. We could run something like this on ID, but I think what Icewolf was suggesting is that we all join Nationstates and play that.
    :mad::mad:Man Icewolf, be more specific.
    :lol:

7. Waxy cheesecake

Waxy cheesecake Premium Member

Maybe we could, instead of joining Nationstates and all having different countries, make up a nation all our own. We would have to have different groups of people running different things in the goverment and stuff like that.

P.S. I'll control the Alternate Energy Program, AEP for short.

8. Gravare

Gravare Premium Member

hahaha! its great over at nationstates, if you havent already joined, i highly recommend it. the region is Ignorance Denied and the password is ssjz .please come see us!

9. claire_quilty

claire_quilty New Member

Hey - I started a nation and moved in - hope that is cool.

10. pineappleupsidedown

pineappleupsidedown Premium Member

welcome claire!

Lots of ppl forgot to keep coming so its grat to have more ppl

---Pineapple

11. claire_quilty

claire_quilty New Member

Why thank you Pineapple - y'all make a boy feel quite welcome round these parts.:bouncy:

12. JcMinJapan

Ok, does not seem to take up alot of time... Looks fun also... I have joined

The Dominion of Holy Cylons
    National Currency: YuYuBean
    National Animal: the Human
    National Motto: Only science can secure our future!

My country does not plan to join the UN... We refuse to follow the HUMANS (trained monkeys that can reason) on any rules. If the humans wish to live on our land, they follow the rules set forth by the Supreme Holy YuYu...

[Edited on 28-11-2005 by JcMinJapan]

13. mscbkc070904

mscbkc070904 Premium Member

Well I just rejoined ID again on NS, hopefully I will stick to it again, sorry about last time...things happen...and we are now at 7 nations total, be nice to have 10+ in the next couple of days.

http://www.nationstates.net/

If you want to join ID's region, once you create a nation, then go click on "world" link on left side of screen, then click on "list all regions" at the top, then search at bottom, "Ignorance Denied" then join US there.

Hope to see you there.

14. mscbkc070904

We are now up to 8 nations, need 2 more, do join, do join! Recruiting all nations!!!!!

15. mscbkc070904

MY Nation

The Holy Empire of Ayprochrion

UN Category: Moralistic Democracy
    Civil Rights: Some
    Economy: Good
    Political Freedoms: Very Good

The Holy Empire of Ayprochrion is a tiny, pleasant nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 5 million are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.

The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Social Welfare, Education, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 19%. A large private sector is led by the Door-to-door Insurance Sales industry, followed by Pizza Delivery and Uranium Mining.

Crime is moderate, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Ayprochrion's national animal is the aye-aye and its currency is the dinar.

16. Iceberg

Iceberg Premium Member

The Free Land of Kwentho
    UN Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy
    Civil Rights: Very Good
    Economy: Strong
    Political Freedoms: Some

The Free Land of Kwentho is a small, pleasant nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its compassionate, hard-working population of 7 million have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.

The small government juggles the competing demands of Social Welfare, Education, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 12%. A substantial private sector is led by the Trout Farming industry, followed by Information Technology and Uranium Mining.

Voting is voluntary, all major public areas are watched by police surveillance cameras, military funding has been stripped back, and the mining industry is making inroads into environmentally sensitive areas. Crime is moderate, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Kwentho's national animal is the monster, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the kwenro.

SO COME ON PEOPLE, ENDORSE ME!

Thank you for your time :D

17. Alcor

Alcor Premium Member

Okay, so I went to join and make my cute little country-thingy. I had no idea what was going on but I wanted to check it out anyways.

I still have no idea what's going on.

Is it really as simple as dealing with the daily issue and checking for telegrams once in a while??? Or is there something else I have to be missing???

But me missing something is the higher of the two possibilities.

Can someone please explain?

18. JcMinJapan

I have only been playing for about a week. It looks like you just answer the questions to the issues. the telegrams are just fomr other players I think.....

19. claire_quilty

claire_quilty New Member

The Grand Duchy of Bohemian Middlemen
    "Lux, Veritas, et Thomomys talpoides"

UN Category: Left-Leaning College State
    Civil Rights: Excellent
    Economy: Reasonable
    Political Freedoms: Average

The Grand Duchy of Bohemian Middlemen is a very large, safe nation, renowned for its compulsory military service. Its compassionate population of 69 million enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.

It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Social Welfare, Healthcare, and Education. The average income tax rate is 59%, and even higher for the wealthy. A small private sector is led by the Uranium Mining industry, followed by Book Publishing and Cheese Exports.

Cars are banned from built-up areas, abortions are routinely performed in Bohemian Middlemen's hospitals, notable individuals are granted land and titles, and the Supreme Court vehemently protects civil rights and the right to privacy. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown. Bohemian Middlemen's national animal is the gopher, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the flugelhorn.

20. mscbkc070904

We were hoping to bring more peopel from ID into our region, if interested, please do JOIN us, we are a small number of 8 right now but would like to gorw more...it only takes 5-10 min a day to play but there is more interesting things to do there if you like...