ID Lounge ID Can Be A Great Community-Lets Give it a Chance and Get to Know Each Other....Right Now, O.K?

Discussion in 'ID Members Lounge' started by CyberKat6, Mar 5, 2005.

1. CyberKat6

CyberKat6 New Member

I don't know how many of you are on right now, or if any of you have been feeling the same things here that I have, and a couple of other members have also mentioned.

Isn't this shaping up to be a reallly nice forum? But, most of us are used to ATS, each other, the mods, etc...something that I think comes simply with time. But, how many of us have introduced our selves here on ID, and gotten any or very few replies? And those usually come from a Moderator, don't they?

So lets bring some warmth, laughter, and ability to share ideas without the fear of sounding strange, or whatever.

I know this sounds silly, but what if everyone makes a post to the person above them (under "recent posts"), telling one or more things about themselves, and you know, whatever comes natural.

O.K. let's see what happens.....:p

2. helenheaven

helenheaven Premium Member

Hi there Cyberkat

Yes, we definitely want "our community" to share, contribute, and perhaps even care about each other. At the very least respect each other's ideas and opinions so that we can all challenge our own thoughts and learn something too.

Okay, hmmm, one thing about me. Well I guess an interesting thing is I live in New Zealand, so I'm always a day ahead of just about anyone else here ! (u2u me for lottery results)

3. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

well since you seem to want to know about us, I suppose I could start?

Erm. I'm a 15y/o High School student who hopes to be a physicist one day. I live in Scotland and so i'm stuck in between the time zone. I wake up and say goodnight to american and go to sleep and say good morning to china. ID is a great community and I'm sure that you'll grow to feel at home. I'm on ID most of the day so if you ever need anything just drop me a u2u!!

P.S Have fun!

- Ice -

4. Ape

Ape Premium Member

Well like Icewolf I'm a 15 y/o HS student. and apon leaving I'm going to join the Marines. I belive thats were I need to start my story.
    I have friends of every catergory and I myself haven't caterorgized myself, thatd be doing the same as everyone else and I don't like doing what everyone else does. My friends at times call me the Punk Primp (Punk Prep Pimp) just as a joke. But caterogizing is just as pointless as soo many things. They tell me I'm too nice to people and that I'm too well mannered. Is that so terrible?
    I'm glad to have been brought up by generally good people here in the beautiful country view, For if I didn't I believe I woulden't be the person I am. Now the question is am I happy with this person?........ I really can't answer. I have yet to do any real change. so I don't know if I'm satified with the person looking back in the mirror. Don't get me wrong I've made small change around were I live but I need more.
    At times I want to save the world and at times I want to break it! I've been fighting a mental battle as this generation has.
    Life goes by me in slow motion. When something happens to me I look at it in all views. For example yesterday in school I was tring to leave the room and I usually hold my books with one arm and turn the #@!&% with the other and open the door with my foot. Well yesterday I didn't turn the #@!&% (fully) and when I was pushing with my foot I kinda got tangled up and dropped everything. Hehe. But anyway Later on I looked at that problem and relized.........before you open the door one needs to turn the handle. Look at it metaphoriclly and you see how I see it. And this allways happens to me!

And I don't want to sound crazy but I always have strange dreams that usually tell the future in a weird way. For instance I have this one friend named James and hes very skinney and very very short. (no offence to him) But anyway one day I had a dream that we were both, I don't know how to explain this but, we had each others arms like in wrestling and were pushing on eachother like we were fighting and hes a small guy and I'm alot bigger than he is but I coulden't move him. He was like The Rock!(wrestler) But after a while I did some cool MGS3 move and flipped him on his back.
    I told my friend Ian the dream on my bus the next day and when we got out of school James was at my friends house and we played basketball. again hes small, but that day I could not beat him! I would score than he would. Than I and so forth. Now this was annoying the heck out of me cause I don't like losing and :smug: I rarely do :cool: but then we were playing to 21 and we were at like 19 then at the end I scored a 2 pointer (we were playing by ones) and won. Then later on I remberd the dream and felt like Miss. Cleo (T.V fortune teller with the fake accent).
    Wow that felt like an auto biography but heh you asked I answered!
    :moon:

[Edited on 3-17-2005 by Awokenmind]

5. Bleys

Bleys Phoenix Takes Flight Staff Member

:cheers:

Nice thread - sorry I didn't notice it sooner.

I'm a 30 something female with severe Peter Pan syndrome. I live to learn, if I could I would be a professional student. ID suits my inner student well. The members find such interesting topics to post - I usually read a few posts and then spend my night finding additional sources for them on the net.

I am also involved in a very lurid relationship with one of the captains of enlightenment - ;)

B.

6. oddtodd

oddtodd Premium Member

Is that the opposite of lucid ?

I am the resident 30 something sassmaster , science fan , electronic hobbyist , throne sitting , finger waggling Gamemaster of the moment , did I say sassmaster and Gamemaster ?

* re-reads and finds master 4 times in the same sentence , A first for ID I think !?! *

Share and be shared with , enjoy your stay !

[Edited on 18-3-2005 by oddtodd]

7. DeusEx

DeusEx Member

19 year old resident history student and writer. I'm currently trying to get my learn on for the security field. I'm a pooblished author. I like the philosophy, history, etc. I'm liking the attempt to build community, feel free to contact me if you just want to chill or something.

DE

8. Bleys

:p Smart Arse - I have been known to be both lurid and lucid from time to time......wait..................what was the question again?

B.

9. Bleys

Hey.....I missed this before....just what kind of site do you think this is? *snicker, snicker*

B.:o

10. tablet

tablet Premium Member

Looks like I'm not the only one. :0 :lol: Yes, about the Peter Pan.

Todd and Ice is getting funnier by the minute. I predict it will increase exponentially.

Deusx: Wow. I though you were in your 40 or 50. You sound very mature. :up:

[Edited on 3-18-2005 by tablet]

11. oddtodd

oddtodd Premium Member

What's green and flies over Poland ?

Peter Panski !

12. _Angel_1991

_Angel_1991 Premium Member

I am
    Angel
    LOL
    But really, I am a young teen.
    That is it.
    For now....
    BTW, life is hopeless

13. mscbkc070904

mscbkc070904 Premium Member

Lets see, I am 32, Geez I am getting old, spent 10 yrs in the Marine Corps, worked contract jobs throughout the world since then. Been to many countries, seen many things I like and some things I would not want anyone to ever have to see.

I enjoy this site, cause I have learned so much from so many different cateogories. I get along with just about anyone and those who have gotten to know me here as well as my friends, know I like to be a comedian at times, I try to look at life in a more positive manner. I used to be a very negative one sided type of person, but I have matured into a beautiful young butterfly now and my views and thoughts are now more open and respectful.

I want to go back to college and get my degree, work a steady job, enjoy life while I still can and make the best of it.

I could go on forever, but no one wants to know my entire life story.

14. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

lol, keep going i'm rwiting this down to publish your biography, lol.
    Happy hunting.

- Ice -