Puzzles & Games [icetab] - Riddle Breaker (Gopher won the experiment!)

Discussion in 'Puzzles & Games' started by tablet, Jan 11, 2005.

1. tablet

tablet Premium Member

Originally this was more about hunting down missing letters, it has a story to it. However things got complicated near the end (msn whiteboard doesn't work) so we decided to turn the pineapple upside down and decided to shorten it and make it ID all the way. This puzzle is experimental to see how quick and paranoid you are because Icewolf and I will pull your string anytime we want.

what
    is it about? This is a riddle breaker. IF you can break the riddle, you will find the hidden item. There are no rules, it's free for all. And since this is in the brainteaser section, means there's no reward.

And last, we are not forcing you to play. We leave it here so that when you are bored (Ice, you can play too if you need!) this can help pass the time. Or just leave it here and let the win blow it.

Jedi Icewolf, are you there? Over. Hmmm... now where is he? Don't tell me he want the item all for himself!

[Edited on 2-23-2005 by tablet]

2. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

Well here we go people, as the old saying goes,
    "X marks the spot"

[​IMG]

[Edited on 11-1-2005 by Icewolf]

3. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

The idea behind this game is to use the image, (above) to find other images, when you find the image we want you have won. This may sound vague but it's a puzzle work it out!

4. DreamLandMafia

DreamLandMafia Premium Member

I have the answers to lines 2 and 3...i think. Im not sure...its hard.

5. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

well done, i take it you have the right idea

6. tablet

tablet Premium Member

DLM, don't listen to Icewolf. You can trust me. Remember...

7. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

I think I have the answer to 3 and 4, but i'm not sure

8. tablet

tablet Premium Member

why don't both of you team up? It'll be interesting to see wolf vs armada.

9. Mizar

Mizar Premium Member

Any new Info on this game? Hints, developments etc....

10. junior_smith

junior_smith Premium Member

i am soo confuzed, hmmm

11. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

No clues, No hints, how hard can it be?

12. mscbkc070904

mscbkc070904 Premium Member

ok help me out here, you talk about lines, yet I dont see any or where you are getting this, hint me to get started, please I know its a brain teaser, but, i dont know if the graphic is corrupt or what on my system.

13. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

ask someone who's into the puzzle to publish what they have so far

14. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

Out of interest has anyone here solved this yet?

15. Mizar

Mizar Premium Member

I don't think anyone has any leads

16. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

Should point out this is still UNSOLVED

17. kiwirobin

kiwirobin Premium Member

I havn't even got a start on this one yet...:bnghd:
    Do know a lot more about the letter X, Xfiles, logos, etc, etc, etc...

18. DreamLandMafia

Iv been prompted to release my findings...what the hell, i had totally forgotten about it.

Mkay, first of all, remember who started the thread. Its tablet. Remembering what tablet did at the beginning of ID with some images, I changed the X image to a ZIP file. Just changed the extension from .jpg to .zip. Then you get 2 files in that ZIP, riddle.txt and chest.gif, the GIF is password protected, Riddle.txt holds:

Im pretty sure that once all 4 of those are answered, that they are the password to chest.gif.

I think the 2nd line is X because it was on the image, that is no longer there.

I believe that Line 1 could be that you need to find an anagram of realistic storage since Tablet is big on anagrams too.

Im unsure about the other 2 lines tho.

[Edited on 18-2-2005 by DreamLandMafia]

19. Gopher

Gopher Member

What version of winzip are you using?

Trying to figure out why I can't simply change the extension...

20. DreamLandMafia

It doesnt matter what version of WinZIP you have, Right click and save as the image. Then when excess4le.jpg appears on your Desktop, just change .jpg to .zip.

You can change any extension on any file to any other extension, it just wont work. What tablet has done is he has the coding of a ZIP placed inside the coding of a JPG file, so you can view both.

But, im using WinRAR, not WinZIP.