ID Lounge How to beat boredom

Discussion in 'ID Members Lounge' started by Icewolf, Dec 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

anybody know a good way, lets have a dicussion.

2. /Future Corpse/

/Future Corpse/ Premium Member

You could always eat some more of your pineapple. :bounce:

3. Mizar

Mizar Premium Member

There is always something to be happy about. ;)

Its a matter of how you percive things. If you can change your mind set bordem can become almost obslete.

A coupple of good hobbies can be a great weapon against bordem. I have astronomy, birdwatching/anthropology, painitng, and music.

Don't just waste time watching tv/ Ive found this can only add to the problem.

Try going outside and just walking around. Your bound to find something intresting going on.

4. helenheaven

helenheaven Premium Member

HOW CAN YOU BE BORED WHEN YOU HAVE IGNORANCE DENIED ?

HUH ?

5. Aubiefan05

Aubiefan05 Member

Books, books, books. I honestly never get bored, I've got a "to-read" list a mile long.

6. helenheaven

helenheaven Premium Member

for a solo activity you can't go past books

My advice ? Read at least 2 biographies a year...it will really expand your general knowledge

Also stories about Coca-Cola, Microsoft etc are always an interesting read

7. marg6043

marg6043 Premium Member

How you can be bored when is so many things to do, if you have some time to burn, join a club and exercises.

Read a book, help in the community, walk the mall, get to know your local officials, start a neighborhood watch, get to know your neighbors be a big brother for after school programs.

I can go on and on, is not reason to be bored at all the sky is the limit.

8. Do what I did. I bought the little mini games, like pac-man, you know you plug them right up to your tv, or play san andreas for the ps2 fanss. I can play that game for hours just riding around. Or read. Or wash your car. This is just what I do. Results may vary.:saint2:

9. Waxy cheesecake

Waxy cheesecake Premium Member

Play the best puzzle game in existence, Myst. Trust me, you'll be beating yourself over the head from frustration in a manner of minutes.:cool: I remember one summer in my house, when Mysts sequel, Riven, was the soul form of entertainment. We had the entire family working on one riddle at once and it took us weeks to figure it out.

[Edited on 28-12-2004 by Waxy cheesecake]

10. bodebliss

bodebliss The Zoc-La of Kromm-B Premium Member

Well, When someone tells me they are bored they are making me responsible for their engagement in the world around them.

They are saying , 'Entertain Me'. This is irresponsibility, as it is your responsibility to find interests and keep yourself involved in and concentrated on what you've found.

I know that sounds hard , but the worlds a hard place. No one is going to lead you by the hand and say engage in this. If you want to be happy for the rest of your life, follow this path:

Heaven or Hell

[Edited on 12-28-2004 by bodebliss]

11. pineappleupsidedown

pineappleupsidedown Premium Member

There is a whole site dedicated to Denying Boredom. BTS. Please go there for all of your deny boredom needs.

Thread locked.

---pineapple

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.