Botany How does herbal tea work?

Discussion in 'Botany' started by Mizar, Mar 17, 2005.

1. Mizar

Mizar Premium Member

I drink herbal tea on a daily basis. 90% of the time I get effected by it in some way psychologically. In the sense that I can become very relaxed, calm, my mind can clear, I can think eaiser, makes me happy etc...

Its de-caffiniated tea and hot natural herbal tea. Does anyone know how this happens. or if it is just a purly pschological trick played on me by my mind. I am almost convinced the herbs have chemicals in them that effect the brain. Anyone have any clue as to how the herbs work? what do they actually do?etc...

2. Bleys

Bleys Phoenix Takes Flight Staff Member

I love tea - green, black or (T)ooolong.

I found this little site - holymtn.com you might be interested in.

From their site:
    Depending on the blend or type of tea - the benefits vary, but all have various benefits. The one that really interested me was Pu Erh from China.

Amazing stuff.

B.

3. mscbkc070904

mscbkc070904 Premium Member

Also, I heard Green Tea also helps with the break up of colds in the chest and throat area as well. Helps clear the blocked passages of sinuses and chest colds. I have used it and it worked really well.

4. bodebliss

bodebliss The Zoc-La of Kromm-B Premium Member

5. Mizar

Mizar Premium Member

If your going to dring tea make sure you get DE-CAF tea. the caffeine ruins it. I never drink caffiene with my tea Hell I never pourposly ingest caffiene.

6. bodebliss

bodebliss The Zoc-La of Kromm-B Premium Member

wait a sec , Mizar.

what exactly is the tea and what is in it?

7. Mizar

Mizar Premium Member

Uh normal herbs, Lotus, apples, cinnamon, hibiscus flowers, orange peel, rose hips, lemon peel, rose blossoms, licorice root, chamomline flowers, etc...

8. overrocked

overrocked Premium Member

chamomile is particulary relaxing- helps in digestion, licorice root is also a major factor, it looks like the other ingredients are a VIT C kicker and flavor booster.

tea taken in micro doses on a regular basis over a long period of time can be as effective as taking a prescription drug over a short time-

This is the basis for some herbalists and naturopaths treatment.

I like ginger tea for helping my circulation- my feet and hands go numb from sitting at the durn computer for too long :lb:

9. Truelyana

Truelyana Member

This depends rather on your own mentality, than a general notion of the picture.

If your feeling the symptoms in your mind, than your making it work.