ID Lounge How do you see me?

Discussion in 'ID Members Lounge' started by Icewolf, Mar 23, 2005.

1. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

I think it's really weird talking to people online because you don't know what they look like or even what they're true personality is. Online you can be whoever you want to be, which is scary (to me at least) I always wonder how other people share this experience and how they see me?

- Ice -

2. Bleys

Bleys Phoenix Takes Flight Staff Member

:bash: How do we see you? What a question...you know we think you are great, not only as a member, but as a person as well.

Perceptions or first impressions are such a difficult standard to overcome IRL, it is no different here on the net. However, the net does give you the advantage of being judged on your words rather than on your appearance. People are moved solely on your ability to articulate your point or in the words you choose.

And based on that criteria - I'd have to say you impress the hell out of me. I remember around the time of your birthday, I mentioned that I thought you were a lot older (much to DLMs amusement). The tenor and quality of your posts portrays an image of a confident individual who is to be taken seriously (most of the time lol).

But really the only person's opinion (other than my own) that should matter is your own. While it is fine to reflect on criticisms made by others - they should never be taken to heart. Their own perceptions and prejudices may cloud their own judgement. The best advice is to know your own self worth and truly believe what you post.

My 2 cents,
    Bleys.

3. Ape

Ape Premium Member

I see u as some type of author or someone interested in literature. Am I in the right ball park? But at the same time very inteligent as pretty much most the people here on ID. But like Bleys said the only opinion people should worry about is there own.
    Bley- I see u as again a very inteligent person who is serious and humoris (is that a word?) at the same time. Seriously though I believe the people on ID are some of the most beautiful minds I've ever met........well sort of met. I live with a mother that only hears her way (freak out when I object) and is a religious freak, u know (THATS THE DEVIL!) and she hates me for being open and taking in logical truth. She hates me but I care for her soo much and she doesn't even care. My dad and mom divorced so I live with my step dad and mom and well my Step dad isn't the kindest person in the world. They show so much love to their children but hate me for having the same blood as my dad. When my S.Dad goes against me on something my mom is right there with him. I was already kicked out of my house 3 time each for about 3 weeks and one for about 3 months. but what can I do? Once I'm 17 I'm out. Really I don't know y I just told u that maby I just had to get it off my chest...................

4. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

Well we're always here to talk, you seem very intelligent you managed to win gamemaster round 1.

- Ice -

5. Ape

Ape Premium Member

nevermind

[Edited on 3-23-2005 by Awokenmind]

6. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

hmm, now here's an interesting question.
    How do you all see yourselves?

7. tablet

tablet Premium Member

The problem with online conversation is that it can go off road. People's interpreatation on someone's text are based on their mood.

IF I say something funny and you happened to be in a tire or bad mood, your going to think there's something wrong with me.

IF I wrote a statement and talk in a normal tone, you might read it and think i'm rambling if you're not in a normal mood. This is the reason for some forum argument and flame.

To solve this problem, one must use smilie/icon for expression. IF not, then let's assume the post is normal tone and serious.

[edit to add]
    One more thing: AVATAR! It affects how people look at you... very much.

[Edited on 3-23-2005 by tablet]

8. Ape

Ape Premium Member

Yeah your avatar really does effect how people see u.....I should change mine.

Ice: Y don't u start, how d u see yourself?

9. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

now thats a story in itself, where to begin.
    I see myself as a pioneer, very few of my friends can back me up when I tell them about the ignorance in society today. I love questioning th unverse. I hope to be one of the next generation of scientists. I hope you all see me like that too. What about anyone else who do you all see yourselves?

10. Ape

Ape Premium Member

I know what ur talking aboutwhen I'm with some of my chums and something philosophical or like stuff we talk about here comes up in conversation they don't really relate. They tell me to "stop explaining stuff." But u can't force a horse to drink.
    Ice-Question, scientist for what?

11. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

Hopefully a theoretical physicist, trying to explain the mysteries of the universe.

[Edited on 23-3-2005 by Icewolf]

12. Ape

Ape Premium Member

Who was it that said work on the world here on Earth then work out? I think it was said on the Space Exploration debate on Z debate Forum.

13. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

My focus has always been up, It's difficult to comprehend the size of the universe, how far away the other start are, the fact that we are all recycled stars, it just seems so wonderous

14. Ape

Ape Premium Member

Thats what I plan on doing (my last post), how isn't fully clear but I have most of my master plan worked out.
    But for me, I'm a person that enjoys competition. For instance this friday I'm going to my friends house to box him, strickly for competition. I love beating people in sports that they think there all good at. And out smarting the acclaimed genius of the school. So pretty much I like doing the unexpected thing. (I feel like this is one of those dating things) but seriously I need to be the one to fix the in for people like u to find the real answers. Yet I don't like the fact that I'm probably alone in this...........

[Edited on 3-23-2005 by Awokenmind]

15. Bleys

That, without a doubt, is one of the most wonderful sentiments I've seen posted here. Kudos to you my friend. :up:

B.

16. Young William

Young William Premium Member

I really don't think it matters, it 's you're unique imaginative input that we enjoy.

17. _Angel_1991

_Angel_1991 Premium Member

I wish I could meet some of you, but...
    Since the only place I can think of inviting you to is church....
    And...you know....:@@::@@:
    But I know you all are intelligent.
    It is easy to see.
    But I am afraid that even here, in some places I see ignorance. Which sucks...

18. oddtodd

oddtodd Premium Member

I picture you in a kilt , kinda Mel Gibsonish except with red hair and a beard , clubbed foot and a large club made from a treetrunk waiving above your head as you scream down the hillside toward the nuclear plant in protest .

Ok , forget the Mel Gibson....

[Edited on 24-3-2005 by oddtodd]

19. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

Wow you must be psychic, (except for kilt, and the red hair, and clubbed foot, ok you got none of it right, lol, but nice sentiment)

20. Bleys

Which is why we are here to begin with - to learn from and to educate each other. If you find ignorance in a posting or a comment - address it. We are all open minded to alternative points of view or criticisms.

Bleys:up: