ID Lounge How do you get rid of a headache?

Discussion in 'ID Members Lounge' started by Mizar, Jan 30, 2005.

1. Mizar

Mizar Premium Member

OH my! My head is killing me. I've never had a headache in my life! I had to march a mardi gras parade today and i got stuck infront of snare drum and symbals. My head is about to explode! I've already taken medicine for it but its not helping.

Yeah I know for all you migrane sufferes ouit there this is nothing but I never get a headache. Hell I never get sick....:(

2. mscbkc070904

mscbkc070904 Premium Member

First off, nice hot shower on the head, cut caffeine out totally right now, drink alot of water. Massage the areas that are the most painful, work the blood vessels in that area to spread out, they are clotting causeing no blood flow in that region, best time to do it, when showering, so that the heat open the pores as well as realx the tension. Try taking another dose of whatever you use that works for you for the headache but dont over do it. Try not to strain your eyes on computer screens and TV, soft soothing music helps as well. relaxes the brain from over workign theblood flow. Hope this helps. Oh try brushing lightly your hair with a brush that has the beaded ends, that helps massage the head as well.

3. Mizar

Mizar Premium Member

thanks for all the help. I feel much better now. Now I have to get rid of this head cold that I got from marching in the rain....:mad:

4. mscbkc070904

NyQuil if you can handle it. If you dont have to be anywhere in the am, double dose and you will feel alot better if not you may have an immunity to certain parts of it. but try it and if you dont, drink some green tea that helps break up the cold.

5. Mizar

Mizar Premium Member

Well I'm going to be drinking some tea rather soon. its 9 30 now and I have my ambient Hearts Of space radio program that starts at 10. I always drink my tea and relax and just listen to the music.

I have to say Because I've never had headaches before in my life you have denied my ignorance of how to deal with one. In this case the mission of the site is completed. THanks agan.

6. mscbkc070904

Sure no prob Mizar, I grew up with my mother who suffered migraines just abotu everyday, but thanks to medicine and research she rarely gets them now. But those were some of the things she did when she was suffering to just relieved the pressure so she could make it thru a day.