ID Lounge How did you find this site?

Discussion in 'ID Members Lounge' started by pineappleupsidedown, Sep 6, 2004.

1. pineappleupsidedown

pineappleupsidedown Premium Member

Well, I was going to make a poll for this, but i just realized the poll option is no longer available. So I guess ill just post this here and hope a mod can put this at the top for me.

How did you find ID.com? Were you active in the hunt? Were you a member of ATS who heard about this site once the game was over? Google? A friend? Lemme know.

---pineapple

2. DreamLandMafia

DreamLandMafia Premium Member

Lookin round the Hunt forum I saw a reference to a message board at ID.com. Then came here...and havent left.

3. Cinderloft

Cinderloft Premium Member

I was active in the hunt. Upon reading that ID was changing, I kept an eye on this place, and boom. Here I am. Trapped in an inescapable vortex. I would use black hole as a description, but with Hawkings' new theory about them, I can no longer say there is no escape.

4. pineappleupsidedown

pineappleupsidedown Premium Member

oh, i guess i should reply for myself too. I was active in the hunt for the first ring, but with a new job and things coming up, I was only able to follow the hunt well enough to realize that ID.com existed. I have time to spare now though, so here I am.

---pineapple

5. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

I was somewhat active in the hunt. I heard about this and the next thing I know, is that I am an Admin! ha ha ha

Seriously though, the ones who were in the Ring Hunt, know me fairly well I think. The ones that do not, here is my story.
    Well, I was heavily involved in The Ring Hunt. I actually won a gold ring, became the Messenger of Knowledge (Mudutu) and this was also the grand prize for us 4 that won the rings. Actually, this site is the grand prize for everyone that played in my opinion.

The 4 Captains were given this site to guide it and create something new and different. Well, we took opinions and we took the concept of the game. We made this a site of learning, as the game was based on tons of learning and puzzles.

So, this is our concept and this is how I got here. :)

6. silence

silence New Member

google

7. Pliskin

Pliskin Member

I was part of the hunt...under a different name of course...a cookie to tha admin who can figure it out ;)

my comp died on me towards tha end of tha hunt...i finally got it back online about a month later, went to check tha FTR site, and bam...this is here....

i just finally got around to registering.....

how's that for a story?

8. helenheaven

helenheaven Premium Member

welcome Pliskin

whoever you are ;)

9. Seth Bullock

Seth Bullock Premium Member

Um... What Site?

10. Pliskin

Pliskin Member

Nope.... :p

11. helenheaven

helenheaven Premium Member

Nosferatu ?

12. Cinderloft

Cinderloft Premium Member

One of the banned?

13. Pliskin

Pliskin Member

Nope...

Definately not..

14. Pliskin

Pliskin Member

....As you wish..

15. DontTreadOnMe

DontTreadOnMe Member

I didn't follow the ring at all.
    But, I saw the banner for ID in Seth Bullock's siggy. Now, I see it in more and more siggys.

16. junior_smith

junior_smith Premium Member

i read a post by skeptic

17. Bleys

Bleys Phoenix Takes Flight Staff Member

...I was just minding my own business when all of a sudden four or five "ring" people (you know the type) jumped me....next thing I know I'm here.

I've been here ever since...now so shall all of you.:help:

18. Durden

Durden New Member

I was also part of the hunt. Regrettably I haven't been here for a while, but yesterday junior_smith started rambling about a sports car and a light at the end of a tunnel...one thing lead to another...and here I am again :clwndnc:.

19. switchblade

switchblade Member

Funny enough I clicked on my new adopted mother’s link
    I registered a while ago but lost my password Don’t laugh..lol

p.s. my new adopted mother is helenheaven

20. craiz

craiz Member

Someone posted a link to a page on 9/11 that was on ATS on another board that I frequent, and my curious mind got the better of me and I looked around ATS, found ID and the GameMaster series, and I've never left. I'm just waiting for more games to play. Dr Jim on ATS stumped me, and I'm loosely following BL until it actually starts.

I'm also waiting to see the outcome of the finals in the GM series but it's going soooo sloooooooow :p