Metaphysics How can we survive in a world full of hate?

Discussion in 'Metaphysics' started by _Angel_1991, Mar 7, 2005.

1. _Angel_1991

_Angel_1991 Premium Member

Look around. What can you see? I will tell you what I see. I see murder. I see hate and death and pain. How can we surpass this darkness? Give me your thoughts.

2. DreamLandMafia

DreamLandMafia Premium Member

You cant. In the end you die, and thats it for this world of hate.

Hate will always be here, hate will always be rampant.

3. Ape

Ape Premium Member

True too much cons no where near enough pros. True there is far to much murder hatred and pain. Where does it end, Does it even have an end? Does it take a far greater force of evil to stop the evil already here? And u know the worst part most people spreading the hatered don't even have a second thought on there deed.
    But I believe it's all just Human nature. Sad isn't it? It's natural to have passions, And these passions manifest themselves to different things love, haterd, jealousy, mercy. And thousy manifest themselves to some form of action, or I like to use conflict, and it's all normal. It's here now and it will be here long before we all die out. But do not threat it's not just humans but any living creature. Fear to run anger to fight. The general life cycle. The only way I see to wipe it all out is for the world to be run by machines like in The Matrixs. There no emotions are shown, complete cooperation. Completely boring! That'd suck.
    So techniqickly all the haterd murder and reasonless actions is just life. I mean is there a reason for life to exist other than to live? No reason! Were here to live to survive how ever u want to put it. It's all nature's doing.
    Peace Angel! :saint2:

4. Ape

Ape Premium Member

I'd say just live life as u see fit and that should be enough..... at least for said person.

5. Fitzpatrick

Fitzpatrick Member

Light cannot exist without dark, everything and nothing, eveil and good. The one thing which would have the best chance of ending problems on this planet is enlightenment.

6. helenheaven

helenheaven Premium Member

You should move. Seriously.

7. _Angel_1991

Live your life, you say. OK. I will live and do what I can to combat darkness. Yes, there must be a balance of good and evil, of darkness and light, but if you don't fight, the balance cannot balance. Fight!

Oh, and helenheaven,:lol::lol::lol:

8. Mizar

Mizar Premium Member

I see love happiness and I see a seting sun. I see a blue sky with a few clouds, I hear relaxing music and I most of all see OPPERTUNITY.
    Sure there are the things you say but in them I see oppertunity. The oppertunity to make something of my life and to make other people happiness. It is not a lie to say I see what I say. I am an optimist. And even in all the hate I can see love and I can see the oppertunity to make that hate love. Your eyes are open but you wear sunglasses.

one of my favorite quotes: "Justice can be served by the destruction of an evil, but sometimes it is more just to convert this evil into good." Issac Asimov.

9. _Angel_1991

Martin Luther King jr. said something like "Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that." Yes, I will live my life as I can.
    EDIT: I fixed the quote.

10. toolmaker

toolmaker New Member

We see hate and death and pain because that is what the media fixates on. there is nothing to report when 11,000 airliners take off and land safely each day. But, if one crashes, it is headline news. Death sells.

this being said, there is a tremendous amount of good in our world, we just dont hold it up. there are millions of people going out of their way each day to provide care, food, education and training for free to their fellow humans.