How about a chatroom?

Discussion in 'Website Support & Announcements' started by Cinderloft, Aug 26, 2004.

  1. Cinderloft

    Cinderloft Premium Member

    What say you fine folk? I know the one on ATS doesnt get a whole lot of action, but I must say I enjoy a good chat once in a while. When JCM had his up for the final times of the hunt, I was there. Idle a lot, but there. Heh. A good way to coordinate in my opinion.

    I do have a minor, small criticism though. Dont take this the wrong way, I love you ATS, with all my heart and soul, but, there must be a bit better of a plugin chat room for a website than the ATS chat. If there was one thing I would do differently, it would be that. In reality, I think thats the only negative that ATS has going for it. Of course this is only my opinion, and we all know what those are like. ;) Peace guys!

    C.
     
  2. Mark

    Mark ♤♡◇♧ Staff Member

    Currently,... the focus will be on content and direction, of this new forum.

    I imagine a time where some new features could be in the future,...but we have a new road ahead of us.



    Great idea though to keep on the burners.
     
  3. TSK

    TSK New Member

    From what Ive heard, the current ats chatroom wouldn't be compatible with this board. It was designed for the coding of ats.
     
  4. Cinderloft

    Cinderloft Premium Member

    No problems. I understand that there is preplanned focus and objectives that we need to meet first, and it is important to take care of them now. Im just spouting ideas and generating content at the moment. :) Peace.

    C.
     
  5. DarkHelmet

    DarkHelmet Member

    I wouldn't mind a chatroom. The only reason I went into the ATS one was to discuss the hunt, and even then I didn't go there that often. So if we get a chatroom, cool, if not, then oh well.
     
  6. junior_smith

    junior_smith Premium Member

    i think a chat room would be swell, because then it would be easier for me to keep track of who is on or off
     
  7. pineappleupsidedown

    pineappleupsidedown Premium Member

    you can just scroll to the bottom of the main page and it will tell you who is online.

    ---pineapple
     
  8. Zsandmann

    Zsandmann Premium Member

    You ask and so you shall recieve. We now have ID chat, the link is on the nav bar at top. Stop in and say hello.
     
  9. tablet

    tablet Premium Member

    not work for me. I set IE security to lowest and enable third party extension and still not work.

    I enter my name, click "connect" and a box appears.

    "Do you want to install and run
    "http://rooms1.parachatfree.com/chat/free/"?

    Click yes, and in 4 sec the activeX appears as dead link.
     
  10. Zsandmann

    Zsandmann Premium Member

    You must have a java enabled browser
     
  11. tablet

    tablet Premium Member

  12. pineappleupsidedown

    pineappleupsidedown Premium Member

    Its not working for me, and i downloaded what tablet told me to

    ---pineapple
     
  13. junior_smith

    junior_smith Premium Member

    it works for me but no one is ever on
     
  14. Icewolf

    Icewolf Premium Member

    same here it's always empty
     
  15. Icewolf

    Icewolf Premium Member

    I'd like to remind our members that ID chat is always open to those that wish to use it.

    - Ice -
     
  16. DucKid

    DucKid Premium Member

    Yeah guys, the only problem with the chat thing is (like Gravare said) it....well.......compared to ATS it sucks. I think I'll just use the ATS chat. thanks for the statement Ice.

    -DucKid
     
  17. Zsandmann

    Zsandmann Premium Member

    Well ATS has money so they can buy a nice chat room. We are using a free one because we do not have money. I am not trying to be condescending but guys you have to cut us some slack.
     
  18. GoneFission

    GoneFission Premium Member

    ...cut us some slack or DONATE MONEY!!! At least 10% of your contribution will go to bettering the board. The other 90%? Well, there are a lot of moderators and admins. Gotta spread the wealth around!
     
  19. DontTreadOnMe

    DontTreadOnMe Member

    Dumb question, but what username and password should be used?
    It won't allow me to enter my entire ID username
     
  20. pineappleupsidedown

    pineappleupsidedown Premium Member

    You must register your name again, the chat is on a different server than ID.

    As for length, I had to shorten my name to "pineapple" since mine is too long as well.

    ---Pineapple