How about a chatroom?

Discussion in 'Website Support & Announcements' started by Cinderloft, Aug 26, 2004.

1. Cinderloft

Cinderloft Premium Member

What say you fine folk? I know the one on ATS doesnt get a whole lot of action, but I must say I enjoy a good chat once in a while. When JCM had his up for the final times of the hunt, I was there. Idle a lot, but there. Heh. A good way to coordinate in my opinion.

I do have a minor, small criticism though. Dont take this the wrong way, I love you ATS, with all my heart and soul, but, there must be a bit better of a plugin chat room for a website than the ATS chat. If there was one thing I would do differently, it would be that. In reality, I think thats the only negative that ATS has going for it. Of course this is only my opinion, and we all know what those are like. ;) Peace guys!

C.

2. Mark

Mark ♤♡◇♧ Staff Member

Currently,... the focus will be on content and direction, of this new forum.

I imagine a time where some new features could be in the future,...but we have a new road ahead of us.

Great idea though to keep on the burners.

3. TSK

TSK New Member

From what Ive heard, the current ats chatroom wouldn't be compatible with this board. It was designed for the coding of ats.

4. Cinderloft

Cinderloft Premium Member

No problems. I understand that there is preplanned focus and objectives that we need to meet first, and it is important to take care of them now. Im just spouting ideas and generating content at the moment. :) Peace.

C.

5. DarkHelmet

DarkHelmet Member

I wouldn't mind a chatroom. The only reason I went into the ATS one was to discuss the hunt, and even then I didn't go there that often. So if we get a chatroom, cool, if not, then oh well.

6. junior_smith

junior_smith Premium Member

i think a chat room would be swell, because then it would be easier for me to keep track of who is on or off

7. pineappleupsidedown

pineappleupsidedown Premium Member

you can just scroll to the bottom of the main page and it will tell you who is online.

---pineapple

8. Zsandmann

Zsandmann Premium Member

You ask and so you shall recieve. We now have ID chat, the link is on the nav bar at top. Stop in and say hello.

9. tablet

tablet Premium Member

not work for me. I set IE security to lowest and enable third party extension and still not work.

I enter my name, click "connect" and a box appears.

"Do you want to install and run
    "http://rooms1.parachatfree.com/chat/free/"?

Click yes, and in 4 sec the activeX appears as dead link.

10. Zsandmann

Zsandmann Premium Member

You must have a java enabled browser

11. tablet

tablet Premium Member

12. pineappleupsidedown

Its not working for me, and i downloaded what tablet told me to

---pineapple

13. junior_smith

junior_smith Premium Member

it works for me but no one is ever on

14. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

same here it's always empty

15. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

I'd like to remind our members that ID chat is always open to those that wish to use it.

- Ice -

16. DucKid

DucKid Premium Member

Yeah guys, the only problem with the chat thing is (like Gravare said) it....well.......compared to ATS it sucks. I think I'll just use the ATS chat. thanks for the statement Ice.

-DucKid

17. Zsandmann

Zsandmann Premium Member

Well ATS has money so they can buy a nice chat room. We are using a free one because we do not have money. I am not trying to be condescending but guys you have to cut us some slack.

18. GoneFission

GoneFission Premium Member

...cut us some slack or DONATE MONEY!!! At least 10% of your contribution will go to bettering the board. The other 90%? Well, there are a lot of moderators and admins. Gotta spread the wealth around!

19. DontTreadOnMe

DontTreadOnMe Member

Dumb question, but what username and password should be used?
    It won't allow me to enter my entire ID username

20. pineappleupsidedown

You must register your name again, the chat is on a different server than ID.

As for length, I had to shorten my name to "pineapple" since mine is too long as well.

---Pineapple