ID Lounge Horror Movies

Discussion in 'ID Members Lounge' started by mscbkc070904, Mar 15, 2005.

1. mscbkc070904

mscbkc070904 Premium Member

I have selected some of the horror movies of the 70's and 80's. I would like to know, for the members of ID what was the most scariest, terrifying horror movie of this timeframe.

Note: Not all of them are listed, just the more popular ones. If I were to list them all it would be near 100. So picked the top 10.

2. mscbkc070904

Also, not talking about all the sequels, just the first one made.

3. mscbkc070904

I had to reply to Nightmare on Elm Street, for it was the first horror movie I was allowed to see and I think I was 10 when I saw it. It creeped me out, especially when the girl was dragged thru the high school and left a blood trail. Couldnt sleep for nights after that. But the thrill and feeling of being scared really got me into loving horror flicks, next on my list would have been Salems Lot then Exorcist, I had to wait til I was older to watch the Exorcist, cause my parents were not religious types but didnt want me watching it, however I saw it when I was 17 for the first time and it was freaky then, made me wander if evil was capable of such a thing.

4. Bleys

Bleys Phoenix Takes Flight Staff Member

:o Exorcist scared the bejezus out of me - still does. But just for a great old fun, jump out at you scarey - Carpenter's The Thing everytime.

B.

ooooh - just thought of another great scary movie - Alien - I hyperventilated.

5. mscbkc070904

Oh Dang I forgot one that was awesome and loved it and you reminded me of it Bleys, John Carpenter's The Prince of Darkness. That wasnt like scary to me, but really creepy and cool, yet freaky, especially the end when she goes thru the mirror and gets trapped on the other side (Hell) then he wakes up with her in the bed next to him and the movie ends, gotta love John Carpenter!

6. poonchang

poonchang New Member

I voted for the Shining. I can't believe I have seen all of these. Yes, the old classics!! My favorites are the Friday the 13th series, Kane Hodder...err..Jason kicks azz!! Freddy is a badazz, too!! Though, one might argue that those are mere "slasher" flicks, and I would have to agree. By far, the coolest class I took in college was a film class about, what else, horror. We watched a movie a week, then analyzed it. Awesome!!! I have to admit that after a long hiatus (yes, I am aware my spelling sucks), that the new horro movies coming out of Japan are blowing these classics away. The scariest movie ever is the Grudge. I took my eight-year-old to see it, and the poor kid couldn't sleep for days!! We see most of the current horror flicks that come out, been doing it for years! But that movie is just freaky. I would also loke to mention Pet Cemetery, for childhood freakness, and the Night Flier, for graphic brutality...at the end. Those damn twins from the shining are horrible...just a freaky-azz flick.

Maybe sombody knows the name of the movie where a little girl is abused, forced to play the piano till she wets herself, is scarred for life, then imagines decapitaded cats and cat heads in weird places. It's an older movie and I found it very disturbing as a child.

Great Post!!

7. mscbkc070904

It seems like they are remaking the old horror movies lately. Like next month, Amityville Horror (remake) is coming out then in May, remake of The House of Wax is being released. I guess with the new special effects and tech, they can make horror movies more ecentric, not to mention, there are not as many laws in the movie business that restrict the level of horror and terror that can be implemented, plus budgets are better and a new audience is out there.

8. Waxy cheesecake

Waxy cheesecake Premium Member

You beat me too it Bleys. That is one of the best movies I have ever seen. You should add that one to your list. Otherwise, I won't be able to vote because I haven't seen any of the others.

9. mscbkc070904

What about The Howling? I think the 3rd or maybe its was 4(not sure if there was a 4th), was the best one, sort of satanic and gory.

10. Gravare

Gravare Premium Member

the shining among other stephen king's.

11. TheWidowGarret

TheWidowGarret Premium Member

I had to go for Nightmare on Elm Street too, for the exact same scene, the body bag scene... Ooooooo, although the end of Friday 13th still makes me jump to this day, even though I have seen it like 100 times lol

12. DucKid

DucKid Premium Member

The Excorsist is the scariest, but the most freaky and mentally disturbing that I have seen would have to be Halloween. Something in the music and the thought of a killer on the loose on Halloween, killing teenage girls for pleasure....