Home Page Content Ideas

Discussion in 'Website Support & Announcements' started by Mark, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Mark

Mark ♤♡◇♧ Staff Member

I currently have a couple of videos on our home page, but I am in need of some home page ideas. Content.

Any suggestions?

2. Derek

Derek ■֎؜♫■ Staff Member

Something that would be cool is a video showing the changes ID has taken since inception. Like those timelapse videos of the season changes.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mark

Mark ♤♡◇♧ Staff Member

Bump

4. Mark

Mark ♤♡◇♧ Staff Member

5. Kramer

Kramer Premium Member

Just as being able to handle Mobile traffic and being ready for the next big thing, The first impression is a lasting impression.
    You cannot be all things to all people so you have to be true to yourself.
    When I first staggered into ID I was a bit intimidated. My Spelling SUCKS (OH, Can we please get a better spell check system here... If I remember in HTML days it was attaching a dictionary or something...) and my ideas and memory are not what they used to be, or, what I once thought they were.
    Be true to Mark and the genuine nature of you, and your interests will guide you. If others are not interested then so be it.
    I Love talking religion and politics with the people who come into my store. Most are greeted with a Hey Brother or Hi Sister and sent away with a God Bless.
    I don't fear being controversial because that is who I am... And I get more customer compliments than anyone in the store... Even those who disagree with me at least appreciate that I am me.
    God puts people next to you for a reason, be thankful for them.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Derek

Derek ■֎؜♫■ Staff Member

Beings the Hunt seems to be the most talked topic here, maybe dedicate the home page to that but let the visitors "see" there is more to this website than just Fenn's treasure search.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Mark

Mark ♤♡◇♧ Staff Member

I am in the process of changing the home page, about us page, and sidebar content.

Started last weekend day, and will be adding textual content on the home page. I have enabled marquee images and want to have 5 to ten fade in/out inages promoting different aspects of the site.

I am thinking on the lines of more self promoting of the website as a root landing page.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kramer

Kramer Premium Member

Not sure if the web spiders work the way they used to but there could be some interesting tease lines embeded that would make any searcher visit.

9. Mark

Mark ♤♡◇♧ Staff Member

I think I should avoid spider click bait. Google is pretty smart, and very vengeful when they find keyword stuffing on a site.

Unique content is king. And that is what google likes.

10. Kramer

Kramer Premium Member

Unique may be king, but if it applies to a small group of unique people then traffic suffers.
    Its not click bait if the content really exists.
    Speaking only of the chase, I think there is enough true content here to give most searchers a lift.
    There is little you could say or use as bait that the site does not have.
    25 days to YELLOWSTONE! 23 if I don't count today or the day we fly out.

11. Mark

Mark ♤♡◇♧ Staff Member

Great feedback. Thank you.

Bold forum titles mean new posts in that forum unread.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Derek

Derek ■֎؜♫■ Staff Member

Thank you Layaly for all your comments and posts in the forums, I am really digging your enthusiasm! :pbjtime:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mark

Mark ♤♡◇♧ Staff Member

Yes groups are an extension of the members interests. That is what they are for. Of course all members are bound by the site terms and conditions, member guidelines, and privacy policy by use of the website. But I rarely have had any issues with anyone. Most people do not have bad intentions. The rest I can take care of.

• Winner! Winner! x 1
  14. Mark

Mark ♤♡◇♧ Staff Member

Members who join have the option of an avatar.

Those who that do not use an avatar, the avatar is replaced by a gender symbol.

And those that dont select a gender in their profile and do not have an avatar, a question mark is displayed as an avatar.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Mark

Mark ♤♡◇♧ Staff Member

Funny you pick on the groups I made lol.

Anyone can build a group. I just made a couple in things I had interests at the time.

I dont recall, will have to check if there is a number that is the most groups any one member can make.

I am still fine tuning the settings.

Many of our members joined in our first few years or so.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Mark

Mark ♤♡◇♧ Staff Member

Group owners can edit their own groups. Of course staff here will always have full access to all groups made, even if they are not joined in a group.

I think group creators should maintain their own groups. It is their group after all.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Kramer

Kramer Premium Member

Well who stuck me with this Charlie Brown Head?... Oh, I did...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner! Winner! x 1