ID Lounge Hidden member at ID

Discussion in 'ID Members Lounge' started by Icewolf, Dec 31, 2004.

1. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

I wonder if ID has members who only ever browse as guests and haven't signed up.

Codenamed "The Silent Lot"

do you think we have any of these?

2. oddtodd

oddtodd Premium Member

If you are a member , then you have signed up . Sometimes I browse the board invisibly . You can see an occasional "guest" posting in the "who's online" section , which means they are an invisible member but you don't see who it is until they post .

3. bodebliss

bodebliss The Zoc-La of Kromm-B Premium Member

Oh , I guess there's the ' life as a spectators sport ' crowd coming to watch those who rush in where angels fear to tread.

So I want them to:

See the Big Picture.

Join the team.

And come in for the Big win.

4. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

I would like to resolve any misinterpretation, when I say members I don't mean official members who have signed up, i mean the ones who regularily cmoe and watch the boards but never sign up

P.S bodebliss, there are some things in life I hope ther are no spectators to ;)

5. DreamLandMafia

DreamLandMafia Premium Member

Theyre called lurkers, and every board has them.

6. oddtodd

oddtodd Premium Member

They may enjoy the place , but be uncomfortable adding thier 2 cents . Unlike the rest of us oppinionated sods ! c'mon board lurkers , you must be ashamed at your vouyerism ! (not to many pictures here huh ?)

7. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

pictures, what are you referring to, spectators taking pictures?
    Pictures of what?

8. oddtodd

oddtodd Premium Member

vouyers like to watch people , usualy not just the written words of others . I was being rude . appologies....

9. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

I know, thats why I continued it, lol

10. bodebliss

bodebliss The Zoc-La of Kromm-B Premium Member

If Television could watch those types of people back, they'd never turn on the TV.

[Edited on 12-31-2004 by bodebliss]

11. oddtodd

oddtodd Premium Member

LOL! there is a guest reading this thred right now ! I just peeked

12. helenheaven

helenheaven Premium Member

a lot of the "guests" are search engine bots...

13. tablet

tablet Premium Member

I've always been a guest/spectator to many forums. Including this one. I decided to join this one because it was dawn. There's not much to worry about when you have guest because all they do is just checking out what people say and see if they can learn a thing or two. Then on with their normal life or on to another forum or research that they have to do.

14. websurfer

websurfer Member

Maybe they're people stopping over from bts/ats. Remember you have to sign up again with a new user name, over here at ID.

15. OdraNoel

OdraNoel New Member

Lastman just signed up, he(?)\'d been lurking!

Lastman just signed up and wrote that they'd been looking round a bit in the past before signing up. Head to recent posts or Introductions and say hello to our new member if you get the time oh fellow scholars of the ether.

O.N.

:up::dn::up::dn::up::dn::up::dn::up::dn::up::dn::up::dn::up: