ID Introduction hi all

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself @ ID' started by nika00000111, Apr 15, 2005.

1. nika00000111

nika00000111 New Member

hi everybody! my name is annika, i'm 17, and i'm really nice when you get to know me. i like quantum physics, geology, poetry, brain teasers, art, and conspiracy theories.

2. nika00000111

nika00000111 New Member

oh yea, i'm also really into computers for those of you who couldn't tell by the 8-bit binary 7 at the end of my screen-name

3. Zsandmann

Zsandmann Premium Member

Hi nika, you can find all those things at ID. (except conspiracy ;)) Im a geologist, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

4. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

Yeah... another physics buff......
    Glad to have ya on board... Welcome :how:

5. Bleys

Bleys Phoenix Takes Flight Staff Member

Welcome to ID - Annika!

We are glad to have you aboard. Feel free to u2u any of us if you have any questions.

Bleys

6. nika00000111

nika00000111 New Member

i feel so loved thanks guys:D um i have some questions: whats u2u? how do i get a pretty picture under my name? why am i an amoeba?

7. Seth Bullock

Seth Bullock Premium Member

Hi, Anika, and welcome.

u2us are a means to talk privately with another member, look for the link in the upper right corner.

The picture or avatar is added by using your control panel, see the instructions in the FAQs at the top aof the page.

And, you will be an amoeba until you reach a certain number of posts, when you will "graduate" to the next level.

Have fun!

Seth

8. _Angel_1991

_Angel_1991 Premium Member

Hello nika, fellow Computer Science person LOL.
    Welcome to ID.
    Hmm..... You have:
    0000 1001
    posts LOL
    Are you into C++?

9. tablet

tablet Premium Member

printf("I think she's into assembly!!! :0 ");

Welcome aboard by the way!!

<we should form a programming team and maybe create some useful utility for ID members?>

10. nika00000111

nika00000111 New Member

i program in many languages, i havent learned c++ yet, however i am trying to learn if anyone cares to give me some pointers:grin: and i'm up for the programming team by the way, you guys come up with some ideas and make a rough program and i'll do all of the troubleshooting, editing, polishing, and final draft because thats my specialty (i learned HTML by reading one website's source code, infact that's how i taught myself BASIC, VisualBASIC, and JAVA too funny how that works. but anyway that means that i dont know how to write the programs, i just know why they work, or don't as the case may be ;)and how to fix and change them. i am however Microsoft and CISCO certified if that helps)

11. nika00000111

nika00000111 New Member

:sing: my pretty picture works!!! yay