Physical Science Heres A Question I Saw...

Discussion in 'Physical Science' started by mscbkc070904, Feb 10, 2005.

1. mscbkc070904

mscbkc070904 Premium Member

If nothing ever sticks to TEFLON, how do they make TEFLON stick to the pan?

2. oddtodd

oddtodd Premium Member

LOL !!!!!! probably goes on wet like paint and then dries into little indentations for grip , I have to look this one up ! be right back...

3. oddtodd

oddtodd Premium Member

yep , it's all in the " substrate preparation " and guess what ? Teflon was invented when a GAS became solid and revealed its non-stick properties . I learned something new today ! good day..... !

4. Mizar

Mizar Premium Member

actually it doesnt stick to the pan...

It slowly comes off. each time something is cooked witht e teflon surface it is transferd to what you are cooking. So if you cook eggs in a teflon pan the teflon is on the eggs and you have now eaten tefflon. Its not harmful but your body can't break it down the only way it returns to earth is when you die. :up:

5. oddtodd

oddtodd Premium Member

I choose Calphalon (tm) for my cooking needs ! a seasoned thick metal pan is the best way to go !! (not aluminum)

* goes to throw away all teflon products thinking of poor plastic coated tummy ... icecream mood adjustment needed , metal spoon...

6. mscbkc070904

mscbkc070904 Premium Member

great, now my rear is teflon coated...actually thats pretty cool if you think about it.