Chit Chat Ground Zero Suicide Driven by Election

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by tablet, Nov 9, 2004.

1. tablet

tablet Premium Member

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...on_re_us/ground_zero_suicide&cid=519&ncid=716

[Edited on 9-11-2004 by tablet]

2. junior_smith

junior_smith Premium Member

i wish he wouold have taen someone with him, im joking, but still very brave that man to do something so symbolic, or you could call him a coward for not facing the next four years, personally i say its bravery

3. Zsandmann

Zsandmann Premium Member

Some will call him a martyr, some a lunatic radical. Either way is life is over and after his 15 minutes of fame, then what? I think there are better ways to protest, and violence, even against yourself, is never the answer.

4. Nygdan

Nygdan Member

Brave? The dumbass killed himself over an election. The guy's a #@!&%, a moron, and an idiot. I beleive this is called 'thining the herd'. I can almost understand the monk who set himself on fire to protest the ravenous war in vietnam, but this guy, this guy is just stupid. He killed himself because of an election result.

5. junior_smith

no he killed himself because of what believed in, he truly saw this president as an evil person he would not do it simply because he lost. other wise all the people who voted democrat would have done this.

and z you cant honestly believe this guy did it for his 15 minutes of fame he did it because he believed in something, which actually would be the definition of a martyr.

and nygdan i imagine you are one of those people who think you have to be a moron to commit suicide, if that is true you are horribly narrow-minded. What this guy did was an act of symbolism of the highest natuere, he believed in america he believed in arguably the greatest empire ever and he was willing to die so that he could try and make people realize his point of view, you could argue he was no different then a soldier dieing in comabt except this combat is for this borderless, unreported, hidden civil war that is raging in america

6. Zsandmann

Zsandmann Premium Member

no I wasnt saying that he was doing it for fame, I was merely pointing out the sad fact that once you are put into the ground you are forgtten by everyone but those few that knew and cared for you. I feel the most sympathy for the fiancee he left behind with no note or goodbye to let her know what he was thinking in those last few hours.

7. junior_smith

well most likely if they were going to get married they had the same beliefs (especialloy if he was a radical) so she should feel proud if she believed in what he was doing

8. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

This is a tough one. The certainly has will power I till tell you that. Killing yourself takes a great leap of faith. I do not feel sorry for him as that was his will and he did it. I do feel sorry for the people that he left behind though. Now, we do not knwo this person personally. Who said he was a radical? Maybe this guy was just a very quiet person that let it build up, maybe he lost a brother or something in 9/11 and he blamed Bush, maybe he had other issues that we know nothing about. I do not like to jsump to conclusions about a person, their personality, or their motivation, especially if we know nothing about them. Suicide is something that takes a very strong will, you would think that if they have that much will power, then they could find a way out.

Zsan is right, he will end up being another number and already more than 90% of Americans will have already forgot and 99.9% will have forgotten in 3 months.

9. Nygdan

Nygdan Member

More or less sure, especially if one is killing ones self over an election.
    I guess I'd better go cry in a corner or something

[quote[ What this guy did was an act of symbolism of the highest natuere, he believed in america he believed in arguably the greatest empire ever and he was willing to die so that he could try and make people realize his point of view, you could argue he was no different then a soldier dieing in comabt[/quote]
    Because soldiers don't try to die in combat. Dieing for something, on purpose, is generally stupid. An unfortunate soldier dies for his country, and his sacrifice can be honoured, but some fool who kills himself over an election? Thats not dying for anything.

Yeah ok. He's just a soldier in some non existent civil war.