Physical Science Gravity Probe B

Discussion in 'Physical Science' started by oddtodd, Mar 31, 2005.

1. oddtodd

oddtodd Premium Member

I hope some of the science and physics fans here have heard about the Gravity Probe B experiment .

In a sattelite that has been in orbit a few months there are 4 of the worls most perfect spheres spinning in a vacume .

The goal of the experiment is to test two unverified aspects of Einsteis equations .

http://www.gravityprobeb.com/

I have been following it for a while while they are tuning things up and taking measurements , but wanted to share some "stuff" news .

I just recieved 3 nice posters , a CD of the whole effort and a nifty NASA sticker for free . Check out the site , and if you want to score on the free stuff , there is a request form . US only I think , postage was 4 bucks (that they paid), and they are only about 15 miles from me at Stanford .

Don't bother them just to get free stuff unless it is something you would put to use (just more respctful that way)

I am looking for a home for the posters and going to check out the CD tonight . The NASA sticker needs more thought .

I'll post more here about the experiment when I am better informed .

2. Bleys

Bleys Phoenix Takes Flight Staff Member

:cheers:

I had never even heard of this before. I bookmarked it to read over the next few days. Thanks for the link.:up:

B.

3. oddtodd

oddtodd Premium Member

Ok , the CD I mentioned is actually a HUGE CD ROM . Interested parties should check out the link and request the goodies .

I was thinking about my "Don't bother them just to get free stuff unless it is something you would put to use (just more respctful that way)" comment and realized that NASA is sponsering this project and our tax dollars support NASA .

If you pay taxes , you already own the goodies , just fill out a form and collect them , The CD is great and the posters are cool !

4. bodebliss

bodebliss The Zoc-La of Kromm-B Premium Member

I want to know if I somehow affected the crafts as they went overhead?