Physical Science Gravitationally Challenged

Discussion in 'Physical Science' started by oddtodd, Mar 1, 2005.

1. oddtodd

oddtodd Premium Member

And the joke is..... What would you call people over 400 pounds and under 5 feet tall ?

I had a good thought on the accelerating universe . I was poking around in the SPACE.com archives and wanted to post an observation for everyones oppinion about what we presently know .(Mizar , are you there ?)

I was just reading about the universe expanding and the methods that have been used to document the constant acceleration that everything except isolated clusters are experiencing .

It seems that a large quantity of supernova about 6.5 billion years ago marked the beginning of an (until then) era of an expanding universe that was SLOWING DOWN .
    Then something happened that stepped on the universal gas pedal that hasn't been explained yet , and ZOOOOOM , off evrything goes !

If the expansion began at a time of mega-multiple star explosions then my reasonig led me to this hypothesis :

We have all been told about the "warped" fabric of space that has been proven to exist around stellar objects .

I have seen the analogy of a bowling ball on a matress with the indentation of the fabric being a representation of curved space .

What if the ball was to blow up (supernova) ?

There would be an indentation that is now free to lie flat !

I have also read that "space" itself is the object under acceleration and thought that just like a rumppled bedsheet being fluffed to smooth it out , that maybe the lack of "warping" by non-existent stars might make things speed up (smooth out) until the volume of stars has been compensated for .

Just a thought ...(or 2)

2. mscbkc070904

mscbkc070904 Premium Member

Ok this goes to the How and Why questions. Will we find an answer for this, not a concrete answer, but maybe in an opinion state or theory. Good thought though.