Physical Science Gold Revealed!!

Discussion in 'Physical Science' started by JcMinJapan, Aug 30, 2004.

1. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

Gold seems to be a very interesting compound to say the least. This seems like a neat discovery, I am wondering what uses will be put towards here.

2. JcMinJapan

3. junior_smith

junior_smith Premium Member

gold is really interesting, and i wonder how good of a catalyst gold is, i imagine it woould be a little weaker than say platinum, because of its location on the periodic table (but idon't know too too much about the periodic table).

also i wonder if we are just learning about this, maybe there are secrets to gold that we do not know about. maybe even alchemy secrets! lol, thats just wishful thinking

4. JcMinJapan

Well, if they can break down the molecular structure of gold to this level, is it possible to actually create small trace amounts of gold? I would guess too costly to be practical, but seems like it could be feasible.

5. pineappleupsidedown

pineappleupsidedown Premium Member

you can make gold out of other metals. It just is more expensive to do so than the actual cost of gold. Sry junior.

---pineapple

6. bluesunday

bluesunday New Member

ok this is el-coolo !!:cool: jC Im beginng to think of imortatitiy now . That would be fun i think . nano stuff is awsome and I want some to play with please:D