Chit Chat gold-plated umbilical cords

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JcMinJapan, Nov 30, 2004.

1. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

hmmm.... :wow:
    What more is there to say? Personally, I would not do this...... uhhhh. anyone here would do this?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6619114/

Shim Jae-cheol of U&I Impression said the firm had gold-plated about 80 to 100 umbilical cords a month since starting business in August, with prices ranging from 80,000 won to 100,000 won ($76 to $96). It also offers mail order.

2. pineappleupsidedown

pineappleupsidedown Premium Member

Your link doesnt work JC

---pineapple

3. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

Really? I just clicked on it and it works.... maybe you need to :hail: to the link Gods! :sing:

4. Zsandmann

Zsandmann Premium Member

I am gonna start selling platinum placentas, any takers! Seriously, thats disgusting, what are you gonna do with an umbilical cord? Make baloon animals?

5. pineappleupsidedown

pineappleupsidedown Premium Member

I :hail:ed, and now it works for me. and now i sorta wish it didnt....eww

---pineapple

[Edited on 12-1-2004 by pineappleupsidedown]

6. Zsandmann

Zsandmann Premium Member

No not pictures, why did there have to be pictures. Im gonna order one of those pens made from baby hair. :)

7. tuxnt

tuxnt New Member

wow that is just plain old weird

8. Waxy cheesecake

Waxy cheesecake Premium Member

I think that is beyond being "plain old werid". I'm plain old werid and I'm not ging to keep the umbilical chord of my child. This is...... I really can't think of a word that describes it. Its like keeping the amputated arm of your child. Why would you do that?!? Why would anyone WANT an umbilical chord anyway?

9. ewwwww. Why would someone want that, why not just bronze your childs first set of shoes?!?!?!? that seems like the more appropriate keepsake!!