ID Lounge FYI

Discussion in 'ID Members Lounge' started by Mizar, Feb 9, 2005.

1. Mizar

Mizar Premium Member

As of 10:00 pm Sunday February 13, 2005 I will shut down my computer and remove the power cord. I will not start it back up until the time proves correct. wether it be 3 weeks or 3 months.

This means that I will not be on ID. I am going to try to stay away from all computers. No it isn't i've finally gone off the deep end its just an experiment to see what happens. I'm hping to atleas stay away for 3 weeks.

the week of MArch 5 - 12 I will be in New York City and I will deff not be around online then.

Take care.

If any one wants to take over my mission posts feel free if no one does I'll do a big update when I return.

2. tablet

tablet Premium Member

Allows me to be the first to wish you well on this experiment. You better come back alive!

3. kiwirobin

kiwirobin Premium Member

There is life after logoff...have a great time Mizar. :cheers:
    You will be missed:cryb:

4. Ape

Ape Premium Member

Hope your experiment goes well, Have fun in NY! And thanks again.

5. Ape

Ape Premium Member

Ohh and what does
    "Confiteor Deo Omnipotenti
    Beatae Mariae semper Virgini
    Beato Michaeli archangelo
    Sanctis apostolis omnibus sanctis
    Et tibit Pater
    Quia peccavi nimis
    Cogitatione
    Verbo et opere
    Mea culpa
    Mea maxima culpa
    Kyrie Eleison
    Amen"
    mean?

6. Mizar

Mizar Premium Member

Confiteor Deo Omnipotenti (I confess to God almighty)
    Beatae Mariae semper Virgini (To blessed Mary ever Virgin)
    Beato Michaeli archangelo (To the blessed archangel Michael)
    Sanctis apostolis omnibus sanctis (To the holy apostles, to all the saints)
    Et tibit Pater (And to you, Father)
    Quia peccavi nimis (That I have sinned)
    Cogitatione (In thought)
    Verbo et opere (In word and deed)
    Mea culpa (Through my fault)
    Mea maxima culpa (Through my most griveous fault)
    Kyrie Eleison (Lord have mercy)
    amen

7. helenheaven

helenheaven Premium Member

Mizar, you will be missed.

We will look forward to hearing from you when you decide the time is right to get back on line.

Have fun, good luck! Thanks for all your contributions to ID so far.

8. Ape

Ape Premium Member

Mizar this is a personal question and you don't have to answer but do you believe in god? I mean your into astronomy and to be open to so much and be religious strikes me as strange. What is ur view, how do u see things? curious.

9. mscbkc070904

mscbkc070904 Premium Member

Good luck it CAN be done, I did it about 2 yrs ago and I was offline for about 7 wks i think. Wasnt an experiment, just needed to get away from computers and everything and enjoy life cause i got consumed with cyberspace. I mean i was online before work after work before bed, it just starting consuming me and friends of mine thought I was in depression cause i never wanted to go out anymore or hang out or get dinner even. It can be done and you will succeed. Good luck, even if you make it 7 days, you start to strive for an additional day just to see if you can make it another 24 hrs.

10. oddtodd

oddtodd Premium Member

hey bud ! when my puter broke down in December it was amazing how many things I kept myself busy with . Have fun , read a bunch , ice cream is a good time killer in the proper quantities . Look up when you walk , not just at your feet , pet kitties and doggies(that will let you) .

Have a good sabatical !

11. Bleys

Bleys Phoenix Takes Flight Staff Member

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Sorry for the gushing but you will be missed terribly Mizar. You have definitely given me a new perspective in the larger world around me and I will miss your input.

Come back soon!
    Bleys

12. tablet

tablet Premium Member

I do all my studying on this computer of mine (even doing painting!!). All the data and research are kept here. IF it ever go "boom" and "crashed" I will go insane.

Mizar, if you happen to own a digital camera, take some picture of new york for us. :)

13. Mizar

Mizar Premium Member

Welp this is it I'm out guys! This is post number 500 for me

and before I go I'll leave you all with this

have fun try and find it. Sit under the stars with your valentine and say you got her a necklace with "Diamonds like stars"

Now it's time for so-long But we'll sing just one more song Thanks for doing your part! You sure are smart! You know, with me and you and my dog Blue... We can do any THING... that we wanna do!

see yall in a month

[​IMG]

I'll leave with one thought......
    "For me its always about doing what is right. I'd rather die for what I believe in than on the couch watching the simpsions. You think about that next time you tell me I'm fighting for something pointless that is lost in the world. At least I'm making something of my life and know I can go to sleep each night knowing I've done something to help people. There are no failings in a just cause. In a just cause there are only delays to success. Justice can only be served if people fight for it."
    hrmm that ran longer than I thought...
    Time to head out on the path less taken. Have a safe journey space fans where ever you are!

14. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

Mizar, you will definately missed. I will of course take over the mission updates for ya. I have been super busy with work, especially since Sarbanes Oxley Govt Audits will need to be done by April this year. If you guys have no idea what I am talking about, then it is probably for the best.....lol If you do know what I am tlaking about, then I feel sorry for you and wish you luck on the audits...ha ha ha

But, even though I am very busy with this, I will try to be on more often. I wish I could do your experiment. I rely too much on the computer and would love to go lose myself in the Swiss Alps for a month..... :grin: