Human Biology Free Vaccine For All

Discussion in 'Human Biology' started by tablet, Sep 27, 2004.

1. tablet

tablet Premium Member

Here in Toronto, starting next year (2005) they will start a big facility, a vaccine facility where every
    one can go there and get it for free. (I'm not sure if it's just for Toronto or for the whole Country).

The government say they care for our children, they want to protect the kid from getting chikcenpox
    and other flu symptom. I have nephews who get flu shot and each time they got it, they become ill. This
    is very common and happens all the time.

What's your take on vaccine? If there's a free facility near where you live, would you take you or your kid
    to get it? after all, IT'S FREE. Get it, it will protect you and your kid and make you live longer!!

I remember back in school they force everyone to get it, if you don't, you can't come to school. That's how
    much the government cares about you. (don't smoke, the government don't like you poisoning your lung)

By now I'm sure you know where I stand on this. I'm more interest in your view. What's your perspective on
    this?

2. pineappleupsidedown

pineappleupsidedown Premium Member

Is this supposed to get supporting your arguement?

I dont get flu vaccines because there are so many strands so you could still get another strand of flu even though you got the flu shot (or even get the flu from the shot). Otherwise i support vaccines, if thats what you mean.

---pineapple

3. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

lol, I'm no doctor but don't vaccines contain the virus so it builds up your immune system, i.e. making you ill so your better prepared if you get a bad flu?

P.S like my new signature?

4. pineappleupsidedown

Yes, you are correct. Sometimes they take "dead" viruses so your body builds an immunity against those so when the real things come at you you are immune. However, sometimes they inject weakened viruses into your body, and if these are not fought off by your body the viruses eventually grow strong enough to make you sick.

---pineapple

5. oddtodd

oddtodd Premium Member

6. tablet

tablet Premium Member

Thank todd, I didn't know such thread exist.

pineapple, I was being sarcastic. I'm against vaccines.

7. pineappleupsidedown

lol...i knew that...

Why are you against vaccines though? just because you dont like the gov or because of your nephews?

---pineapple

8. Nygdan

Nygdan Member

People getting slightly sick from a vaccine is much preferable to, say, influenza oubreaks like after the world war. Diseases have a tendency to go wild and kill people. Vaccines -protect- people, both as individuals and as groups, even society at large. Even a small unvaccinated population can be enough to allow the diseases to reach some critical threshold and become a serious problem.

9. Its free qualities sound appealing when you are trying to protect your children, but maybe they should charge a little more for the good stuff. You definitly dont want to get sick. That is usally free too.