Chit Chat For All Those Looking For And Address While Driving...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by mscbkc070904, Feb 10, 2005.

1. mscbkc070904

mscbkc070904 Premium Member

Why is it that when you're driving and looking for an address, you turn down the volume on the radio?

Why is it we do that, like turning the volume down is going to help us hear the address? I do it and dont even know why and I have even tried to break doing that, doesnt work....weird.

2. helenheaven

helenheaven Premium Member

I know exactly what you are talking about and it is weird.

I used to have to drive to appointments in my last job and the second I got out the map, down went the volume...

A concentration thing ? One sense not being overwhelmed when you are using another ?

3. mscbkc070904

mscbkc070904 Premium Member

I dont know really why it is...but everything has to be quiet...I use to deliver part time...and yeah the volume is low before i pull into a driveway, but, when i am looking for the address, and i know where i am, just looking for the number on the mailbox or house, why did i turn the volume down when it was already at an acceptable level...

and why is it when you are with friends and a song comes on that everyone likes, everyone in the car all of a sudden has something to say? When before no one said a word, hello?

4. kiwirobin

kiwirobin Premium Member

It's the same as you finaly get to the street, looking for the house, down it goes.
    It's a concentration thing.
    Like closeing your eyes when you really want to hear good music.
    Shutting down one sensory stimulas provides less traffic in the nural pathways.