folders ?

Discussion in 'Website Support & Announcements' started by oddtodd, Sep 12, 2004.

1. oddtodd

oddtodd Premium Member

A couple things : I liked the recently active buttons on the main page , saved me a little hunting on the todays post page . I don't know about anyone else , just a comment .

What are the "folders" next to the topics ? some say red folder when I pause my cursor over them , and some have dots .

2. pineappleupsidedown

pineappleupsidedown Premium Member

I think the ones with the "red folder" are the same as the ones with dots. The dots signify the recently active forums, i think.

---pineapple

3. Mark

Mark ♤♡◇♧ Staff Member

Yes the folders are catagories that have topics, all read and none new.

The red folder text indicates that new posts are in the catagories that you have yet to read.

The text is from the original skin, that is not currently in use,... and has yet to be modified.

Basically, look for the dot in the folder to indicate new posts.

(good eyes !!)

4. Cinderloft

Cinderloft Premium Member

Does the dot always work? Sometimes it just stays on even though I have read the thread. I have even tried a full fresh refresh and reload and it stays stuck. Possibly something on my end though.

5. Mark

Mark ♤♡◇♧ Staff Member

Not sure but I will look into the feature. It is possible that the dot indicates new posts in this day. Let me do a little digging to find out.

I noticed that on the old theme, and it may be just a function of xmb, to display that dot (formerly red dot) in catagories that have had recent posts.

6. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

From what I understand, it is in between your sessions and after a short periods of time. So, if you waited 5 or so minutes and then reopened the forum, they would be updated. I works something like that.

7. pineappleupsidedown

*bump* What do the envelopes mean?

---pineapple

8. Zsandmann

Zsandmann Premium Member

that you have posted in that thread I believe

9. pineappleupsidedown

Thanks, Just trying figure out why sometimes there are dots after i post, sometimes envelopes, and sometimes nothing happens.

---pineapple

10. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

I have been wondering that also... ha ha ha