Lit & The Arts [FICTION] The Celestine Prophecy

Discussion in 'Literature & The Arts' started by Satiricaldonkey, Dec 3, 2004.

1. Satiricaldonkey

Satiricaldonkey New Member

I would be very surprised to learn that nobody here has heard of this book, and the series following it by James Redfield. Although it is a work of fiction it holds many spiritual truths and a very evident description of what many believe is happening to the world right now.

This book has had no advertising at all, and has won the best selling hard cover award twice by word of mouth alone. i suggest this book to anyone interested in what lies beyond the reality we are currently experiencing.

2. pineappleupsidedown

pineappleupsidedown Premium Member

I for one have not heard of this book. What is it about?

---pineapple

3. parrhesia

parrhesia Member

I've read the first book, and enjoyed it very much. I've got the second book, as well, but when I tried to start reading it, it just didn't grab me like the first one did. I plan to give it a go again, though.

4. mscbkc070904

mscbkc070904 Premium Member

Whats the book about? I am going to the bookstore tomorrow would like to know more about and check it out. Thanks.

5. parrhesia

parrhesia Member

A man goes on a spiritual journey. He has to discover insights, one by one and develop an understanding of them, and in doing so the way he sees the world is dramatically altered. All of this takes place in South America, and the second book is a search for the 10th insight.

6. mscbkc070904

mscbkc070904 Premium Member

Sounds interesting, look it up tomorrow. Thanks.

7. parrhesia

parrhesia Member

no problem. it's a good book :)