Februaries Spotlight forum is . . . .?

Discussion in 'Website Support & Announcements' started by Icewolf, Feb 15, 2005.

1. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

we're halfway through february and we still haven't left january, what will this months spotlight forum be?

[Edited on 15-2-2005 by Icewolf]

2. mscbkc070904

mscbkc070904 Premium Member

might as well leave it as zoology and start thinking of one for March. I recommend, I dont know what to recommend...say archeology? or maybe geosciences.

Just my thoughts, but for like
    April - Botany (spring starts, gardening, flowers, landscaping)
    May - Oceanography (people start heading to the beaches)
    June - Pyschology/Social Issues (everyone starts to change due to warmer weather, schools out, people are out and about, social gatherings begin)
    July - Astronomy (alot of people get more involved during this time of season)

Thats about as far as I get right now. Just a thought.

3. kiwirobin

kiwirobin Premium Member

great suggestions from mc.

4. mscbkc070904

Dang, onyl response I got was from kiwi? Come on what does the Mods think? Or even other members? Maybe make it into a poll and let the members decide. I could set it up, havent set a poll up yet, but it cant be too hard. Let me know and we wil take a vote on March - July...and if the members like, unless the Mods say different, give me other choices. Like say 3 per month and we will take a poll vote on it and the Mods can go ahead and schedule the months ahead, by what teh members voted. Democracy isnt it grand?

5. mscbkc070904

Let me know something soon, I just remembered I may be going out of town for a unknown timeframe so my time here at ID may be limited until then...so if you want me to set this poll up I will, if I get no responses I, say I will set it up anyhow tonight after midnight EDT (USA). In other words in about 7 hrs

6. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

yes very good ms, but I thikn the mods should get the members more involved doing something, maybe a monthly research project to do with the spotlight forum, (maybe multiple research projects), then we could provide fact sheets, tell me what you all think?

7. mscbkc070904

I dont think that would be a bad idea...like post a bunch of topics and do a simple, not etensive research project on it. You know something that isnt time consuming. Let the members pick the subjects and give them a timeline to have them completed. If you want to do more than what you reported on thats ok...just do what is required then add on as you go.

I meant to add let the Mods pick out certain subjects they want to see data/info on...something simple, like for instance Botany - different soil textures, like i.e. North America, Europe from different areas, research the soil mixture and texture for those who plan to grow in those areas. What shrubs, hedges, flowering plants require shade or can grow in shade? which plants require constant treatment, ie trimming, watering, light, soil mixture, etc. Just ideas.

[Edited on 2-17-2005 by mscbkc070904]

8. mscbkc070904

Ok I want to set us this poll, but for some reason I dont have the click on start poll button. Is this for Mods only or do we need special grant to do so?

9. tablet

tablet Premium Member

I'm very much interest in this idea. I'm actually waiting for ID to have at least 1,500 members. Things will flow naturally once we have that amount. Right now we have Black hole which is a big project. Things would go like this:

Anyone can start a project. You have BIG PROJECT that is very big and at the top list. Below it you have small project which can be many. You can have 3 or 5 or even 30 small project going at once, but ONLY one BIG PROJECT. So, while Black Hole is ongoing, anyoone can start doing their own little project. You know... if there's another member here that is interested in art, that person and I will be doing project on Art nonstop... :)