ID Lounge Favorite Scientist

Discussion in 'ID Members Lounge' started by Mizar, Nov 21, 2004.

1. Mizar

Mizar Premium Member

Im suprised this hasn't been a disscussion before on this site. I went to the search becuase i was sure someone had made this thread at some time but NO it wasnt so im amazed. any way on to the point

WHO is YOUR favorite scientist? it can be a science teacher your nextdoor neigbhor, some crazy guy on the cross walk to work that screams things out to people all day, or someone well established. Just as long as they participate in some sort of science, study and enjoy it they will be consideed a scientist. in this this thread! so out with it who is your favorite?

for me im saying Newton- crazy and often misunderstood

Edited-JCMinJapan-Edited Title

[Edited on 22-11-2004 by JcMinJapan]

2. oddtodd

oddtodd Premium Member

Richard P.Feynman . The father of QED (quantum electrodynamics, not KQED the PBS station). A very animated and endearing personality who worked on the first atomic boom boomer , played the bongos , deciphered myan text , solved the O ring cause to the first shuttle disater in the early 80's , and was the originator if the Feynman diagram for a simplistic visual representation of quantum interactions .

He passed on from cancer in 88' I believe , but taught for 30 years at Cal tech in southern California , a new generation of physisists as well as his acedemic peirs were inspired by his insight as well as his personality . I have 6 books about his life and accomplishments .

I recomend all to investigate who he was and what he contributed to science .

He was asked why he won the nobel prize in physics and said it was because he "swept all the infinites under the rug " in regards to the mathematic problems with quantum theory .

Look him up !

3. Zsandmann

Zsandmann Premium Member

James Hutton - The Father of Modern Geology. Ill post more info on him later.

4. Waxy cheesecake

Waxy cheesecake Premium Member

Albert Einstein by a light year.:lol:

5. Aubiefan05

Aubiefan05 Member

Leonardo DaVinci. I know he's not in the same category as "modern" scientists, but he is hands-down my favorite historical character and he was truly a man ahead of his time, in everything from anatomy to military tech...

6. junior_smith

junior_smith Premium Member

Davinci, he used the words 'gravitational forces' to descibe what would later become gravity. and he stated that sound travel liek the ripples in a pond 400 years befoe that was discovered.

7. websurfer

websurfer Member

I agree completely, Leonardo Davinci hands down...

8. Seth Bullock

Seth Bullock Premium Member

Dr. Emmett Brown. His work with time travel and the flux capacitor blew me away.:saint2:

9. Sarcasimo

Sarcasimo New Member

While Dr. Brown is up there in my list of favorite scientists, (The Flux Capacitor idea is wrong, he needs a Flax Compactor, with a shot of riddiculium) I beleive that Nikoli Tesla would be on top. His work with electricity and radio was amazing. And the Tesla Coil is cool.